Behavior of resurrecting builders - no repair

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

It was usuall in games with 82* Spring, that resurrecting builders were repairing res'ed units.

In later verisons, only one builder was repairing (if more build bots used for res') and other were doing their own "next task" in queue.

Now (in 85.0), (if one or more res' bots used) they/it res' dead unit and let it be with low health and continue in their other tasks in queue.

Is it a feature or bug?

(my experience is based on NOTA units behavior - mod stayed the same, only engine have changed)
zerver
Spring Developer

Re: Behavior of resurrecting builders - no repair

Post by zerver »

Yeah I also noticed this. Pretty illogical behavior to have just one bot repairing. Will fix...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Hey, um I would prefer it be a unitdef bool so you can trigger whether the Resurrection unit will res then repair, or if it will just res and move on.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Same with BA.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

TBH, although I have seen this behavior during online play, I was unable to make it happen in single player mode. Does anyone have a fool-proof way of doing it?

The per unitdef setting is a good idea, but I think that in this case there should be no repair at all, i.e. not a single unit that stays and repairs.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Well in evo, if I were to have a resurrection bot, it would not have a fast repair speed (Nothing has fast repair in evo except the overseer (comm) and ORBs), regardless of the res speed meaning that you would accompany res bots with ORBs for max efficiency (ORB's are basically field medics and basic repair bots... Have an area repair in addition to their nano, they can do nothing except repair).

The last thing I would want is res bots that sit around and screw around repairing what they have just res'ed. Vets might know better, but it would be a big noobtrap. Therefore seems we could make everyone happy by just having a switch in the res bot's unitdef telling it whether to sit around and repair or not.
Pako

Post by Pako »

zerver wrote:TBH, although I have seen this behavior during online play, I was unable to make it happen in single player mode. Does anyone have a fool-proof way of doing it?
Only seems to be bugged with non-area resurrect.

Maybe it is related to that damn annoying delay of build starting (nanoframe) since recent engine release? That should be reverted too.

Return to “Help & Bugs”