Update the forum software? Or something?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Lately the forum has been acting strangely.

There was that post I made a little while ago, where it claimed nobody had replied and yet it also said that the last reply was by... well, the guy who had replied.

Now there's the "lolbama money" thread in Off Topic which says I was the last person to reply, and I am, but it's not showing my post unless I adjust the URL to start at a later post than default.

I think maybe we need a patch or something? If such obvious things are going wrong it must've been patched ages ago and we might have security vulnerabilities.

Also, somewhat related is that low-level moderators* (such as myself) don't have the ability to make stickies, announcements, or polls, even in our own forum.

*I'll do that one for you: "moderator of WHAT?" "there goes the neighborhood" "low-level, yeah, doesn't get much lower than AA rofl" "your penis is smaller than mine" "I sodomized your mother" etc.
aegis

Re: Update the forum software? Or something?

Post by aegis »

the inconsistencies are normally fixed by resyncing, I'll check phpbb changelogs...
your permissions just need to be poked to be able to post magic in your subforum.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I think some of the other worthless underclass moderators like FA and Gota, maybe even TFC still need permissions like that too.

Also why can't people post polls?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20710
Notice how I made the most recent post to this thread, and yet I do not actually have a post listed there.

Hit resync again?

Seriously we need to update the forum or something.
aegis

Post by aegis »

we're only one minor version (3.0.4 vs 3.0.5) behind the latest, and the latest doesn't appear to have any changes regarding post count sync at a quick glance
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

post count sync is innacurate due to the SY clan wiping the whole forum shortly before releasing the first spring, the entire forum got wiped, and although a lot of posts got restored afterwards amidst community outrage at a potential 'hacking', those restored posts never contributed to our post counts.

As such most of the old time people here have at least 1000+ posts that are not included in the postcounts of their usernames and the total forum count, all made over a 1 and a half year period.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

So let's wipe the forum and start fresh? You can I can have a postcount battle, AF.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I already have 10 thousands posts more than you, thats like, over nine thousand more than you at least
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I think this thread has probably run whatever course set for it. We will wait for something that addresses the problems above indicated, and then update the forum software.

I will look into permissions for sub-forum moderators when I have more time.

Return to “General Discussion”