WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Hmm that demo seems broken.
Argh

Post by Argh »

No, I just made it with the development version. As it is, I am going to have to re-release the mod anyhow :(
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

Sheeps cant build anymore ?

Great, this only fucks up the awesome exponential growth aspect of this mod by a large margin.
And it does not stop the wolf spam, it just slows it down, but doesnt change anything about it when you got a few sheep, you just spam wolves with your lord, kill the enemy lord, and its over.

Take some time and re think this change please, it made the mod so much slower, i think that was besides the point.

If wolves are the problem, why change the sheep.

You just made nanoblobs into a "hunt-the-lord-cause-he-is-the-only-builder" game.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I am aware this was a drastic fix. I will be solving the problem with a lot more subtlety as soon as I can. However, NanoBlobs was not supposed to be a game where people could just spam Wolves to win :P
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

I know I've already said it earlier in-game. But I think upping the buildtime or cost of the wolf would fix the issue (Without nerfing the sheep's building ability). IMO the wolf unit themselves aren't overpowered its just so easy to spam huge numbers of them.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I will think it over tonight and figure out what needs to get done. This is going to take a radical solution, though- I wasn't expecting this, and now I have to deal with the consequences. It's a pretty major problem with gameplay- and until Tobi fixed the "multiple builders" problems and some other things... it wasn't a big deal. I don't think increasing the buildtime by less than a LOT will help a lot, either- people will just build a few more Sheep to compensate, use the Lord, and voila... same old story.
knorke

Post by knorke »

http://www.wolfegames.com/TA_Section/NanoBlob061.sdz

gives me an "this mod has no sides" error or something.
then I click ok and theres arm+core to chose from.
omg torrent plz!
Where can I get the latest version? In the lobby no-one knew, some players had 'blobs from a "community pack" :?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I lost after 19:59. Does that count as well? 8)
Would be cool if I could assign factories a group without putting all newly built units into the same.

Knorke: that's a patch. Get the 0.60b (from the community pack for instance) and put it in the mod's dir as well.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Ah, thought so.
Well, now Iam too tired to search for 0.60 I dont want a "community pack" as Iam not a communist :shock:
Might want to add all needed links to the thread, so its easier for stupid people like me to play.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Argh

Post by Argh »

Thanks. Anyhow, I had a unit that I didn't finish in time for the release anyhow, so maybe I'll finish that, tonight, too.
Mecha Sonic

Post by Mecha Sonic »

If you decide to keep it the way it is now (which I kinda like btw, cuz less spamming really makes my slow comp run the game better), then you might wanna double or even triple the Lord's HP since he will be hunted the whole game. Also make him have some resistence to Wolves or make Archers fire more rapidly.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Maybe give the sheep a "fox" to build which is a more expensive and slightly weaker wolf and remove the wolf wile keeping the other build options?

Or do what Caydr did and make wolves chain explode (large bolast radius, doing maybe 1/6th of the unit's health) and give the counter unit (archer, right?) a bigger blast radius. Maybe give the archer one normal arrow and an anti-wolf missile with only the latter having the big blast radius.
Last edited by KDR_11k on 06 Oct 2006, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

What exactly is NanoBlobs?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Try it out helmet. It's wierd totally off the wall, completely different, and really cool.

BTW argh... I hate your models lol, however, nanoblobs is an extremely neat mod. Keep up the good work!

Not to mention that nanoblobs manages to be a really kick ass showcase of spring features. That explosion is just, wow.

BTW the orange projectile and heat shot that the demon fies is just cool.

Squarerook, is just plain wierd, but omfgwtfpwnage. I love that unit!

I also really really like the simplicity of the autofac (not to mention the fact that the model and design is just cool as hell - one of the ones I liked). I only have one bitch. THe animation for the autofac from idle to build is too slow imo, but it's not a big deal anyway.

All in all, great work dude!
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

This thread seriously misses screenshots :)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Then go make some, you got the equipment! :P
CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ »

Argh wrote:We shall see. Meanwhile... if anybody can beat Random Enemies on NanoArena V2 in less than 20 minutes, I wanna see a replay. My best time thus far is 21 minutes. I garantee a challenge, despite the current lack of NTAI support.
how do you get into this mode or whatever?

I have the mod and the map, so what now?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Start up spring.exe, select RANDOM ENEMIES from the list and... that's it.

Return to “Argh's Projects”