Development links - Page 2

Development links

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: Development links

Post by smoth »

because the site will be down for a while, is there a way to setup the stack trace on my site?
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Added link to a read-only svn mirror (updated hourly), provided by caspring.org. Thanks det for setting it up!

This will be practical for those who want to continue developing if the server is down. (By SVN switching to the mirror you can continue making diffs, accessing history, etc., just not committing.)

smoth:

Stacktracer for 0.76b1 probably won't get up again because I lost the debugging symbols (they were only at server6 and UF main server; I consider them a bit too big to backup).

Setting up the stacktracer for SVN builds is theoretically possible; it's tightly coupled to the mingw buildbot installer builds tho, so I'd first have to set up that again, and then only if the person hosting this buildslave (LordMatt possibly) doesn't mind uploading 130-200 M after every build the stacktrace thing can be set up at any place having php, a huge amount of diskspace, and the i586-mingw32msvc-addr2line commandline tool (possibly plain addr2line works too).
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

if you feel adventurous, here's a git repo which you can clone and/or fork:

http://github.com/imbaczek/spring

I've got spare invites on github if you want to use this form of development. When svn goes back up, you'll be able to simply commit a patch from a branch or whatever suits you.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Tobi wrote:Added link to a read-only svn mirror (updated hourly), provided by caspring.org. Thanks det for setting it up!

This will be practical for those who want to continue developing if the server is down. (By SVN switching to the mirror you can continue making diffs, accessing history, etc., just not committing.)

smoth:

Stacktracer for 0.76b1 probably won't get up again because I lost the debugging symbols (they were only at server6 and UF main server; I consider them a bit too big to backup).

Setting up the stacktracer for SVN builds is theoretically possible; it's tightly coupled to the mingw buildbot installer builds tho, so I'd first have to set up that again, and then only if the person hosting this buildslave (LordMatt possibly) doesn't mind uploading 130-200 M after every build the stacktrace thing can be set up at any place having php, a huge amount of diskspace, and the i586-mingw32msvc-addr2line commandline tool (possibly plain addr2line works too).
Tobi I'd rather host the stack tracer itself (I have php, apache, etc all working already) than upload 130M-200M after every build. ;)
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Added link to unitsync apidocs.
EDIT: and fixed link in first post
smoth

Post by smoth »

could you guys update the link in page 1 spliff scattered everything to the four winds.
smoth

Post by smoth »

bump...
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Just a note that TASServer and TASClient plus a few other projects are still on the SVN:
http://springrts.com/svn/spring/

If you want to browse the repository easily:
http://springrts.com/websvn/
You can navigate to individual directories to view a commit log.
Agon

Post by Agon »

It seems like the only person who uses SVN is Satirik.
Edit: Oh and for the website...
And I thought SVN will be removed :roll: .
Last edited by Agon on 29 May 2009, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

only the engine moved to git, other spring-related projects still live there.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

this file isn't updated often. best to just use http://github.com/spring/spring/commits/.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I appreciate the link and I will bookmark it but... that thing is a hellmess of half-explanations and is full of minor change spam that crowds out the major differences... I'll take my incomplete but nicely formatted changelog.txt.

Someone with bigger balls than me make a post:
PUT YOUR MAJOR CHANGES IN CHANGELOG.TXT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

won't happen unless someone steps up for this job, sorry.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Putting documentation (even changelog stuff) in the source control never works.

Put it on a wiki page and I guarantee you'll see it become useful very quick. I guarantee this because I've witnessed the same thing happen in Fedora, Ubuntu, and Wine.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

A lazy solution I opted for:
autogenerate http://springlobby.info/embedded/springlobby/index.html from a post-recieve hook of the buildbot repository
the script: http://springlobby.info/repositories/en ... angelog.sh
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Is there some reason the [lobby] categories are totally hidden on Spring's Mantis? I can't get them to show up no matter how I change my filtering.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

There is a project called 'Lobby' in mantis, in right top there is button to switch project.
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

Maybe it's better to unsticky this tread?

Return to “Engine”