can I use my created spring rts game charge?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

j435

Post by j435 »

I don’t understand gpl v2 License if allow me to do this。please answer。 :o
MasterBel

Re: can I use my created spring rts game charge?

Post by MasterBel »

Not sure if I understand the question, but I'll have a go.

GPL2 outlines you can sell your game commercially, but you must make the source code available (with a copy of the license).
Your models & art does not have to be licensed under the GPL, or made publicly available – much of Beyond All Reason's assets are either under Creative Commons (often the non-commercial flavour) and some even all rights reserved (if I understand correctly).
j435

Post by j435 »

thanks for your help
Mishalk11

Post by Mishalk11 »

Yes, you can charge for your created Spring RTS game, as long as you have the necessary rights and permissions to do so. It's important to ensure that all of the game's content is original or properly licensed to avoid any legal issues. Additionally, you may want to consider the pricing strategy for your game, such as offering a free demo or early access version, and determining the appropriate price point for the full game. Marketing and promoting your game through various channels can also help generate interest and attract potential players. With the right approach, charging for your Spring RTS game can be a viable and rewarding option.

Return to “General Discussion”