Feesablity of Spring as a engine for original games

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Zarrgon66

Post by Zarrgon66 »

Hi, I'm a game development student and I've been looking to do projects outside of college and to network with people both professional and hobbyist, as such I wished to know if Spring is a suitable game engine to produce an original game project.
Beherith

Re: Feesablity of Spring as a engine for original games

Post by Beherith »

Absolutely, many of us wouldnt be using it if it werent. It is best suited to RTS type games, as the name implies.
Zarrgon66

Post by Zarrgon66 »

Beherith wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 17:27 Absolutely, many of us wouldnt be using it if it werent. It is best suited to RTS type games, as the name implies.
ok, is capable of producing RTS Games that don't perfectly fit into the Sci-Fi mould or is it capable of being used to branch into other genres like fantasy? Also is it acceptable to use the forums to assemble a team to have a stab at it or is that breaking the rules of the Forum?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Yes, its tailored to this genre.. dota and the likes included. Welcome aboard & join some discord/ or irc.
Zarrgon66

Post by Zarrgon66 »

PicassoCT wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 22:35 Yes, its tailored to this genre.. dota and the likes included. Welcome aboard & join some discord/ or irc.
ok, where is the discord?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Zarrgon66 wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 17:40is capable of producing RTS Games that don't perfectly fit into the Sci-Fi mould or is it capable of being used to branch into other genres like fantasy?
It doesn't support smooth mesh deformation, that makes it more suited to Sci-Fi than fantasy.
Zarrgon66 wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 17:40is it acceptable to use the forums to assemble a team
I doubt that will work, people here are too old and already have their own projects.
prandipadaro

Post by prandipadaro »

zwzsg wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 15:39 I doubt that will work, people here are too old and already have their own projects.
this is true, however if you want you can also feel free to open a topic to indicate where others can find information about your project, nothing forbids.

Return to “General Discussion”