BA beeing banned (split by Abma)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

It's sad that BA is one of the last games trying to stay active on the forum despite being effectively banned from the official server and up against an army of forum moderators banning, splitting and locking our posts.

split as new thread as its offtopic, user was warned about this post Felony 2 -- abma
Last edited by Ares on 17 Oct 2020, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
Ares

Re: Happy 14 years of Spring! (split by Abma)

Post by Ares »

how many more years until ba is unbanned?
Last edited by Ares on 17 Oct 2020, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Ares

Re: [misc] upgrading to phpbb 3.3.1 aka the upgrade hell (split by Abma)

Post by Ares »

ThinkSome wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 15:37 I think that Abma should find a successor for himself or at least someone who can do all that he can do, because this is not sustainable.
hello I would like to nominate Mando
Last edited by Ares on 17 Oct 2020, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Ares

Re: [misc] infrastructure development & maintainance help needed! (split by Abma)

Post by Ares »

Please transfer Spring to Mando. Mando has a passion for open source and a strong, positive attitude of inclusivity which is admired by all.
Last edited by Ares on 17 Oct 2020, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
abma
Spring Developer

Re: BA beeing banned

Post by abma »

please stop posting "BA being effectively banned from the official server" to random posts.

1. its not true
2. its not useful
3. last warning from my side wrt ban because of spamming about the same topic, too: viewtopic.php?p=595267#p595267
4. moved most unrelated posts to this topic, too
5. made an official "warning" as these posts lead to a very bad atmosphere. repeating the same again and again changes nothing.

i can understand your frustration about that newer versions of spring are enforced, but we really did it for reason: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=39277

If you don't understand why newer engine versions are enforced: please ask more specific!
Ares

Re: BA beeing banned

Post by Ares »

In response to my complaint of BA facing an army of forum moderators banning, splitting and locking our posts you decided to split all my posts and then threaten to ban me?
Ares

Re: The end of the maintenance branch

Post by Ares »

Ares wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 16:45 Spring will only run on 64 bit
I said this would happen in my first post
ivand

Post by ivand »

Learn to read, so-called "Balanced Annihilation Developer": 32 bit maintenance can't handle modern games even now.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Spring works fine on 32 bit, seems like you have broken it. It is sad you laugh at the people with "potato pcs," that can no longer afford to play because of your actions.

As a minimum fix it for maintenance rather than excluded even more people from the Spring ecosystem.

user was warned for this post. Felony 2 + 3.
also viewtopic.php?p=595512#p595512
-- abma
abma
Spring Developer

Re: BA beeing banned (split by Abma)

Post by abma »

Ares wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 06:40 In response to my complaint of BA facing an army of forum moderators banning, splitting and locking our posts you decided to split all my posts and then threaten to ban me?
exactly, please be constructive or accept the consequences.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Abma my post was valid and constructive, you shouldn't issue warnings for taking the side of Spring users. What is the point of a forum if views that go against the status quo are banned?

Asking for maintenance to function is a reasonable request.
Ares

Post by Ares »

abma wrote: 16 Oct 2020, 08:17 please stop posting "BA being effectively banned from the official server" to random posts.

1. its not true
it is true
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

no: new engine versions are enforced. autohosts with newer engine versions work. also autohosts without botflag / smaller games can use older engine versions.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

Ares wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 00:48 Abma my post was valid and constructive, you shouldn't issue warnings for taking the side of Spring users. What is the point of a forum if views that go against the status quo are banned?

Asking for maintenance to function is a reasonable request.
no, please stop spamming with non-constructive posts. this thread is about creating a migration path from the maintenance branch to the development branch. If you have concerns then create a new thread and don't hibernate people from doing work. at least 3 people see your posts as non constructive. we can't help with your fears: either trust us or get your fear under control.

thats my last warning: the next post from you which isn't constructive and interferes with an existing thread leads to a 3rd warning + ban.
Ares

Post by Ares »

abma wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 11:07 no, please stop spamming with non-constructive posts. this thread is about creating a migration path from the maintenance branch to the development
the thread title is "The end of the maintenance branch," keeping the minimum required functionality for users and devs in maintenance is directly on topic.
abma wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 11:07 at least 3 people see your posts as non constructive

trust us or get your fear under control.
The only people left agreeing with you are the people you haven't already banned, from the games you haven't already broken. You banned BA on behalf of BAR therefore you cannot be trusted to make good decisions.

As a minimum fix it for maintenance rather than excluded even more people from the Spring ecosystem.

user was warned for this post. Felony 2 + 3.

repeating the same arguments really isn't useful. 3 warning -> 1 week ban.
-- abma

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”