Completing registration / login

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

TheGuv

Post by TheGuv »

Hello all, new user user.

I created a SpringLobby account using Linux client 0.269, received the code verification email but there was nowhere to enter it in the client. I tried many times. However, after I created an account here in the forum and verified using the email received for that, when I tried the SpringLobby client again as if by magic I had the T+Cs popup and the place to enter the code. All good now.

It seems that a confirmed registration here in the forum is a prerequisite to completing the SpringLobby client registration. Maybe that helps others or it's just random. No idea.
Silentwings

Re: Unable to complete registration / login

Post by Silentwings »

received the code verification email but there was nowhere to enter it in the client ... when I tried the SpringLobby client again as if by magic I had the T+Cs popup and the place to enter the code. All good now.
You are asked to enter the code, and accept the ToS, on your first attempt at logging in to the server.

SL (and all clients) should automatically attempt to log you in immediately after you register. I can only guess that it failed to do so, and that this is perhaps a newly introduced bug in SL. When you restarted SL you probably triggered a login attempt. It has nothing to do with the forum.
TheGuv

Re: Unable to complete registration / login

Post by TheGuv »

Silentwings wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 10:27 You are asked to enter the code, and accept the ToS, on your first attempt at logging in to the server.
This did not happen. My first attempt at logging in simply... logged me in. No ToS displayed, no option to enter the code.
When you restarted SL you probably triggered a login attempt. It has nothing to do with the forum.
I restarted the client many times, ensuring it did really quit each time, over the course of over an hour. It made no difference.
Maybe it had "nothing to do with the forum" when the client worked properly immediately after verifying my email with the forum registration. Maybe it was a total coincidence. Maybe.

Anyway, just reporting in with my experience of registering as a new user. It was rather frustrating TBH.

All the best.
Silentwings

Re: Completing registration / login

Post by Silentwings »

Your account was registered at 2020-08-02 20:01:46 CET and your first attempt at login (in which you successfully entered your verfication code and logged in for the first time) was 2020-08-02 21:36:37. In between 21:07 and 21:36 you opened & closed about 30 socket connections without actually sending any data on them, no login attempts or anything else. As said, suggests the client failed to work properly on your system, which you can report to https://github.com/springlobby/springlobby/issues

Fwiw the lobbyserver and this forum literally do not know that each other exists.

Return to “Help & Bugs”