Compiling the engine but also making it available to be used with server hosting

Compiling the engine but also making it available to be used with server hosting

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

constatinus

Post by constatinus »

By compiling spring from ex. git maintance branch you get the name ( git describe --tags ) "104.0.1-675-ga7f92cfe6". However, all the binary releases from buildbots have 2 less letters, like not 104.0.1-675-ga7f92cfe6 but 104.0.1-675-ga7f92cf. This creates a problem, when springlobby wants do download that engine, it can't because there is no ga7f92cfe6, only ga7f92cf.
How can i rename the engine name when compiling?
Kloot
Spring Developer

Re: Compiling the engine but also making it available to be used with server hosting

Post by Kloot »

git describe --tags --abbrev=7
constatinus

Re: Compiling the engine but also making it available to be used with server hosting

Post by constatinus »

Kloot wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 14:32 git describe --tags --abbrev=7
I can get the short tag name in the console yes, but i don't know how to tell the compiling process to use that tag and so it does not name the executable and libraries,etc.. with the unwanted version name.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

constatinus wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 13:39 ...you get the name ( git describe --tags ) "104.0.1-675-ga7f92cfe6".
Where do you get this name? I've always self-compiled engines (using the Gentoo ebuild overlay at https://github.com/springlobby/overlay) and I can both join public rooms with it without Springlobby asking for download AND I host rooms via SPADS without other players having syncing problems.

Have you actually added the self-compiled engine in Springlobby preferences?
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

i don't know how to tell the compiling process to use that tag
You would either have to hack the FetchSpringVersion macro in rts/build/cmake/UtilVersion.cmake, or set the core.abbrev value in your .gitconfig file to 7. Your git client (which is invoked by FetchSpringVersion) appears to be using a larger default length.
constatinus

Post by constatinus »

ThinkSome wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:00
constatinus wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 13:39 ...you get the name ( git describe --tags ) "104.0.1-675-ga7f92cfe6".
Where do you get this name? I've always self-compiled engines (using the Gentoo ebuild overlay at https://github.com/springlobby/overlay) and I can both join public rooms with it without Springlobby asking for download AND I host rooms via SPADS without other players having syncing problems.

Have you actually added the self-compiled engine in Springlobby preferences?
I did, thats how i found out it was using the wrong name/tag.
Kloot wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:23
i don't know how to tell the compiling process to use that tag
You would either have to hack the FetchSpringVersion macro in rts/build/cmake/UtilVersion.cmake, or set the core.abbrev value in your .gitconfig file to 7. Your git client (which is invoked by FetchSpringVersion) appears to be using a larger default length.
Changing the .gitconfig worked, now the engine is using the correct used name. Maybe Fedora packagers for git changed something? Thatks, issue solved :)

Return to “Linux”