Help: Rescaling factory models

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Hey guys, I could keep trial-and-error on this but thought I could get through faster with some help.
Whenever I scale up a factory model (tried 2x with the Arm Vehicle Plant model, armvp) in UpSpring, even with all assets selected correctly before uniform scale, once in-game I get some weird transform of the nano turrets. After rotation, it seems to stick into the vehicle model, you can't even see the nano particle trail.

Not sure if it's related to the BOS file or what, any hints?

PS.: On a second note, apparently just editing the YardMap is only part of the problem with making the vehicles properly build and leave the construction area.. do they still collide with the actual factory mesh after built?
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Help: Rescaling factory models

Post by yuritch »

There is no mesh collisions there, they use yardmap.

As for the broken anims: when you scale a model, you should also check the script (.BOS in this case) for any 'move' commands, and scale move distances by the same factor. Looks like this is what causes the animation issue here.

Rotate commands are not dependent on model scale, but move commands are.
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Great hint, I'll check out the position values in the BOS file, thanks.

Curiously all I did was duplicating the yardmap chars, both in Z and X. Initially I thought the problem was due to the produced vehicles also being doubled in size, but from what you say that's not the issue. Oh well, I'll keep investigating.
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Incomplete yardmaps (missing the characters) will assign those cells as blocking. Learned it the worst way :)

Oh, and multiplying the move factor by the scale multiplier worked perfectly, thanks again.

Return to “Art & Modelling”