Scroll wheel & Camera movement issues

Old Evo threads before move to own site

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Vitality

Post by Vitality »

hello guys,
suddenly my scroll wheel zoom got inverted and my camera movement throughout the map got very slow
how can i fix that?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: HELP!!

Post by zwzsg »

If you know where is your springsettings.cfg, edit it to change the sign of ScrollWheelSpeed (to invert wheel zoom), and the values of OverheadScrollSpeed (or RotOverheadScrollSpeed or MiddleClickScrollSpeed or whichever way you scroll).

See http://springrts.com/wiki/Springsettings.cfg for the list of tags recognized by the engine. When a tag has the default value, it's not written in springsettings.cfg. Be careful to take the right springsettings.cfg, which can be tricky when there is one in the Spring folder, one in the SpringData folder, one in My Docs or wherever, and Spring decides to combine the values of both.

Or maybe EvoRTS has an ingame chili menu to edit settings?
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

If it's a weblobby install then the only springsettings.cfg should be in the 'documents/my games/spring/' folder, which is shared between engines (unless evo's steam install changes it).

Evo has Carrepairers Epic menu so at least some settings should be configurable in game but I'm not sure this is one of them.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Go ingame, click wrench on menu - > camera

At funken and z, evo uses COFC by default, so none of those settings are in springsettings.
knorke

Post by knorke »

if other things in interface are also different (but you did not notice maybe?) could also be:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/291150/di ... 824040786/
Vitality

Post by Vitality »

Funkencool wrote:If it's a weblobby install then the only springsettings.cfg should be in the 'documents/my games/spring/' folder, which is shared between engines (unless evo's steam install changes it).

Evo has Carrepairers Epic menu so at least some settings should be configurable in game but I'm not sure this is one of them.
Thank you so much , it worked and thank you guys for your time.
gajop

Re: Scroll wheel & Camera movement issues

Post by gajop »

I've changed your thread's name now, but in the future, try to use more descriptive names.

Return to “Evolution RTS”