December/january reading.. - Page 2

December/january reading..

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: December/january reading..

Post by smoth »

Jk recommended another book to me, I will be ordering it tonight.. Honestly, I just need to sit down and learn this shit, we don't have enough people here with gl knowledge.
knorke

Post by knorke »

smoth wrote:I think it is bullshit how he was allowed to derail this thread only to harass me.
Half the derail-posts on page 1 are yours, so I figure it is your own fault for messing up the thread. :roll:

Posting links with no text at all is not how you "start a discussion." It seems not much thought went into this thread, even the title is stupid and tells nothing about the subject.
smoth wrote:I notice you [Andrej] didn't even COMMENT on the opengl books.
Neither did you.
But a thread about books nobody has read (including OP) seems doomed anway.
Jk recommended another book to me, I will be ordering it tonight.
Are you kidding, coolest story ever. Make sure not tell too many details about the book!
Today I learned: it is possible to attentionwhore with books.
He was totally like buy this and I like totally bought this book oh my god so awesome.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

currently reading: high class literature on the most recent scientific findings about your mom jokes
smoth

Post by smoth »

knorke wrote:Posting links with no text at all is not how you "start a discussion." It seems not much thought went into this thread, even the title is stupid and tells nothing about the subject.
Fair enough, I should have bothered to post more about what I wanted to discuss, I figured lots of guys here read books so maybe some may have some reading lined up.
knorke wrote:
smoth wrote:I notice you [Andrej] didn't even COMMENT on the opengl books.
Neither did you.
But a thread about books nobody has read (including OP) seems doomed anway.
El matarlife apparently read the mythical man month before as did picasso. Just saying, also I will be reading them, they came in today.
knorke wrote:
Jk recommended another book to me, I will be ordering it tonight.
Are you kidding, coolest story ever. Make sure not tell too many details about the book!
I don't have access to my personal computer when I am posting in the morning at work. Since I have not ordered the book yet I don't have it in my amazon history and I am not spending time digging on amazon for a link when at work.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Getting the fucking thread back on track
Beherith wrote:I read the opengl shading lang book, without a huge amount of prior opengl knowledge, and found it extremely interesting. The only thing I kinda miss from it is performance indications.

But since its just a standard, and the performance is dependant on the driver's implementation, at least a ball park figure would be nice.
(like how much does a sin(x) cost, a texture lookup cost, etc.)
smoth wrote:Jk recommended another book to me, I will be ordering it tonight.. Honestly, I just need to sit down and learn this shit, we don't have enough people here with gl knowledge.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Beherith wrote:I read the opengl shading lang book, without a huge amount of prior opengl knowledge, and found it extremely interesting. The only thing I kinda miss from it is performance indications.

But since its just a standard, and the performance is dependant on the driver's implementation, at least a ball park figure would be nice.
smoth wrote:Jk recommended another book to me, I will be ordering it tonight.. Honestly, I just need to sit down and learn this shit, we don't have enough people here with gl knowledge.
smoth

Post by smoth »

smoth

Post by smoth »

knorke

Post by knorke »

lol now wtf is that i dont even? :shock:
Anywy no post in this thread seems of value, closing it so we can start fresh.
Feel free to open a new one, maybe with a bit more content so that there is actually something to discuss instead of flaming.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”