Alpha domination

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

nightcold

Re: Alpha domination

Post by nightcold »

just a personal request/preference of mine,

have you considered using nota's models/sounds/fx....instead of ba

unlike alot of the art sources mentioned be4 (correct me if i'am wronge), it's art content is both consistent and it low on that cpu.....what is more is that nota looks far far far far far better than ba(lightyears more polished than ba), imo... but still has the classic ta look(that u seem to be looking for)

or u can try xta...has the same pro's as nota....but i'am naturally bias towards nota
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

nightcold wrote:unlike alot of the art sources mentioned be4 (correct me if i'am wronge), it's art content is both consistent and it low on that cpu.....
You're wrong. Do I need to explain why?

Actually, let me put it this way. If you see a model and it's extension is .3do, it should be treated as though you can catch aids from it.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Hey guys, to clear a few things up

First of all I started this project to make my feet wet in game development with an existing engine. My biggest concern through the project was to make a gametype people want to play. Also I'm waiting with big anticipation on End of Nations an mmorts currently in development. That game will have the gametype I'm trying to mimick.

You fight with limited units for objectives, and those objectives give you a bonus. Like for instance a nuke, or heavy artillery, radar capability etc... I remembered the units of TA and thought by myself ... hell I can make this to and went over to the spring website that I knew had the capabilities to make something likewhise.

So I started programming and getting this off the ground. I believe it went succesfull on the programming side. Now all I need is to get the balance right so it's fun. Next the models, basicly as I said before I'm not an artist or animator. I took the arm models cause basicly I loved arm back in the TA days.

Now tbh I don't really care in the end what models I'll be using, as long as they aren't to amateuristic and nice to look at. In the end it has to be a gameplay type people want to play. My idea was to put the game forward on the end of nations forums, to give people something to play while we wait for that major mmorts, which is still a way off from release.

Anyhow there you have the story, I'll release 0.02 in a few hours. With a few improvements , and I'll try to make the website instructions a bit better with more info.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Well Tuesday I recieved my letter of resignation due to economic circumstances. So I had a few probs, but monday I'll sign for a new firm. So the release of 0.02 is a bit postponed , but it's downloadable now.

Major changes
- Commander can't capture or ressurect anymore
- New unit that can die but has a lot of HP
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Awww gaysauce. Sorry to hear about that man, that sucks dick.
smoth

Post by smoth »

you got laid off? that sucks man but isn't too bad severance is cool if you got it.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

No worries though, I Allready have a new job that pays better and has better health insurrance, but I had to sacrifice a few days of vacation looking for it :) So thats a few days less I could work on the mod :) v 0.02 is running atm though
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Forboding Angel wrote:
nightcold wrote:unlike alot of the art sources mentioned be4 (correct me if i'am wronge), it's art content is both consistent and it low on that cpu.....
You're wrong. Do I need to explain why?

Actually, let me put it this way. If you see a model and it's extension is .3do, it should be treated as though you can catch aids from it.
wwaaah, for a second read s3o there.. was flippin then checking, sweet relieve short before crackin....

the doooh^3 comes from dont...
InDesign

Post by InDesign »

Hi Springs Engine community, my first post here.

@ sunspot

I have read your journy making independent game. I have same interests, I try to make something myself too, currently becoming friends with Spring engine itself (much reading to do).
I downloaded your game to try it out (does it have super basic AI?). Engine itself is promising and seeing what you have managed to do with it gives me courage.
I am also into modeling (currently Blender user and somewhat supporter). I come from Warcraft 3 modding scene and could suggest
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Lowpoly_Workshop/index/
to request unique models for your game (they are mostly up for challange to craft their skills).

Actually on Warcraft 3 scene there has been done over years tons of custom models. When informing them and asking to use their models in different engine and they agree it should be only importing effort to Spring Engine format.

I might look into that too because my side quest some time has been writing exporter script in Python for Blender to Warcraft 3 format. I have some finished works on other sites. Going to orbit around and learn. Cya.

EDIT: I fiddled with exporting SC2 model to see how good can it get, and it is pretty (some artifacts but it works, it can be seen as tech demo, I know license and etc).
Attachments
alpha-domination-sc2.jpg
(228.64 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Return to “Game Releases”