Imperial Winter - where things stand, and how you can help. - Page 18

Imperial Winter - where things stand, and how you can help.

A tense title presenting the period of frigid conflict under Imperial rule in the Star Wars universe at lightspeed.

Moderator: Content Developer

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Imperial Winter - where things stand, and how you can help.

Post by PicassoCT »

we were considered unworthy.

At first it hurt a lot, to be left out in the cold, but now, to fuck to cool ;)
smoth

Post by smoth »

SirArtturi wrote:
smoth wrote:
Hentheden wrote:Wa..waa...what! The project can't seriously be dead. That was a joke, right! Right?
It's awesome how people never want to help but always want to beg.
Thats also not true. I understood that many people here offered to help him through but nothing has happened.
. . .
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I beg to differ. Great drama has arise. Its like Macbeth or the Nibelungs. At the end everybody is dead, even the dog.

Still i see this open Endedness as a lack of drama. Oh, mortals behold the day, the critic gets to you. Oh, there shall be whining and bitching!

Because the gods look angry upon the actors of this play, fearing we scare the crowd away, who come to workshift us.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

It's a great battle of flame warriors going on, on cold winter night, in the ruins of once great imperium, and the bong is just dodging bullets, come on man, take a shot!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

In a thread, far, far away, a long time ago.

Tar Wars.

No side can move anymore, death is imminent. All that remains, is to wait, till the flame reaches the pit and we burn together, imperials and rebells.
smoth

Post by smoth »

just sayin' arturri, people were given acess and and effort started.. I was there..

but then the people in question proceeded to sit on their hands. They don't need warlord to tell them specifically what needs to be fix.

don't look at me to come in and do all the work. I have enough to do. The rest of this lot can just get up, have some personal initiative and get some work done. There are parts that are easily taken up like stability or just getting it to work in 84
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

If you guys spent all that time, effort and energy making this whole thread about bashing zsinj into actually being helpful and putting in some encouraging words, we just might have already seen a release already.

Reading through the last 8+ pages of complaining, spamming, attacking zsinj, declaring this project dead and general negativity is not helping in the slightest. If you have nothing positive or constructive to say, keep it to yourself.

For my part, though i've been occupied with RL and other projects to put in much time for IW, I still have some minor work pending for IW and I will finish it whether anyone else is working on the project or not.

To those people who stepped up and volunteered to actually help with the code and are working on it, I salute you and best of luck.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

No developers going to come do some big development. Zsinj cant and wont do stuff because of a chicken egg problem, and the mere notion of the project being under control if buggered anyway.

Back when it was being beta tested, copies were being handed out in private by various individuals despite whatever agreements and secrecy were demanded, not to mention those who gathered as much as 98% of the archive of various versions via the torrent system.

The reality of it now is that the repo could be put up for all to see and I doubt many people would play it, not until someone packaged it up and started a release thread ( which would get shot down within a day ), and as past examples have shown, this is unlikely, just look at BAR, I don't see the svn copy being packaged up and banded about in the general community.
scifi

Post by scifi »

don't see the svn copy being packaged up and banded about in the general community.
BAR
Thats because we dont show ourselves, but surely more than half of us here have a copy of that. Ive modded stuff in there, just for the pure fun of it.

Same with IW.
My secret stash of modding material. :mrgreen:

But yes i agree with AF on this.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

There we have it, the worst case scenario has... already happened on the quiet without any opening up necessary
knorke

Post by knorke »

Nothing wrong with that if you do not show it off as your own work.
It is kind of required that people dabble about with the files, how else can they make recent advances?
(though in the case of IW it is easier to ask zsinj for logins, since he is handing them out to interessted modders)
smoth

Post by smoth »

Wolf-In-Exile wrote:If you guys spent all that time, effort and energy making this whole thread about bashing zsinj into actually being helpful and putting in some encouraging words, we just might have already seen a release already.
I did step up, this game is not my responsiibility, I am not going to commit time to helping another project whos core team is not going to stick to it. Seriously, I get nothing from helping IW beyond my own project being delayed. If I am going to delay my project they better put some time in!
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

if it had of been released back when this thread started it would have worked without problems - with latest engine changes it is starting to bitrot.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I refuse to update this to work in the new spring. Where is the rest of the iw team? They had 3+ members!?!?
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Just mentioning it. People announced games, people made games, people abandoned allready made games, and all the time IW was frozzen.

Why should we support the duke nukem of mods?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Primarily because it had an immense amount of work already invested, even though development stalled out. There is more in IW than a number of the games which rose and fell in the interim.

Might I request a legitimate status update?
smoth

Post by smoth »

truthfully, I half implimented chili into it, someone else wanted to update widget handler.. I said go for it... that is all that has changed.
linuxboy

Post by linuxboy »

IW would be such a great Christmas gift... To all of us fans who have waited long...
smoth

Post by smoth »

if you think warlord has done anything on it you greatly over estimate his ability to give a shit.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I still have trust in Warlord...

...s grandson to complete this, to get rid of the the family curse of cold feet.

Return to “Star Wars: Imperial Winter”