Gundam 1.26 release post. - Page 4

Gundam 1.26 release post.

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: Gundam 1.26 release post.

Post by Jazcash »

Panda wrote:It's awesome that I have a boyfriend who likes giant robots, Gundam, and spaceships just like me.
You two must have great fun the bedroom.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Are the maps separately uploaded anywhere? I've downloaded the game with rapid but am unable to get the maps.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Ya? I downloaded only the mod because I thought I already had the maps, but then I realized you updated every map and now im :?
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Watched a FFA.

The game looks great the UI is really nice the music really adds a lot and it also seems very lag free despite the amount of effects and units on screen.

However the FFA ended in who decided to go afk/rage quit first, people just endlessly spammed the most expensive units and it didn't end till someone went afk. No one seemed to have an incentive to attack as there was no real advantage in taking an enemy base other than losing your own units and leaving yourself opened to attack.

The shitty spring pathfinder (which is not your fault) is blatantly obvious in large scale encounters.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Jazcash wrote:
Panda wrote:It's awesome that I have a boyfriend who likes giant robots, Gundam, and spaceships just like me.
You two must have great fun the bedroom.
Its called relationship, because unrelated people like you jaz, stay outside. :)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

jeykey wrote:
zwzsg wrote:I made you an installer: Gundam_RTS_1.26_Including_Spring_0.82.6.1_Installer07.exe

But you're ignoring it. :(
smoth???
The mere notion of installers being mentioned on these forums makes smoth heave with rage, ask him about it in private. When he's at a point where he can say gundam is finished, next project please, Im sure he'll push out an installer and a tonne of other stuff. But until then, he knows what hes doing and eh has his reasons. If he wanted an installer he'd have put one out himself without needing to be asked.
smoth

Post by smoth »

See moddb post.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

one player had the problem, that he had no ui:

http://pastebin.com/LUUtG0N7
smoth

Post by smoth »

He has an assload of ba widgets fucking his luaui read the log
smoth

Post by smoth »

Btw, I know bab so I'll get with him on mumble. I wish our games had insulation from external widgets
smoth

Post by smoth »

SirArtturi wrote:Ya? I downloaded only the mod because I thought I already had the maps, but then I realized you updated every map and now im :?
I didn't update all of them just a few.

Google_Frog wrote:Are the maps separately uploaded anywhere? I've downloaded the game with rapid but am unable to get the maps.
Funny isn't it. Been asking for support for that and getting ignored. FEELS BAD man. It's cool though no one plays gundam and now that you guys want to it doesn't have the support it needs >:(
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

i've uploaded the missing maps to springfiles + http://answers.springlobby.info/questio ... -in-my-mod
smoth

Post by smoth »

Blocking is not the same as catch them and preventing the from taking your mod lua with them. You devs are so disconnected from content devs it is not even funny. See jaz's thread where he acts like a raging dick over blocked user widgets!
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

keep in mind, that is vice-versa, too... nobody here has the time to read all posts in the forum.

blocking is a bad solution, the best would be to make this mod-specific, that, when a new mod is loaded, only the mod-widgets are loaded. The user-installed widgets should be then re-enabled by the user, if he wants to.

my question was only a quick shot...
smoth

Post by smoth »

Thanks for the clarification, but disablede or not user widgets can still crash shit due to syntax errors. :(
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

List of banned LuaWidgets_Widget? One pre-emptive strik sorting out all problems.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

More wining about people personal widget causing issues? I'd just put in a 3rd party widget blocker, and people want their fancy widgets and have a good reason for them they can bring it up with you, or they can make a mod.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Raging Dick wrote: Just add an advanced option to enable external widgets for players who know what they're doing.
smoth

Post by smoth »

That requires a menu or similar, which requires an assload of work and still cannot protect against stupid users who think they are advanced. Don't get me started on library conflicts.

Also

AGAIN even disabled shit will fuck your luaui Even if disabled. Problem? Butch about the way there is little way to handle it beyond hard locking out widgets. Unless there is some other method I am unaware of that outright blocks them from loading which will then reload lua after this magical toggle
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

smoth wrote:That requires a menu or similar, which requires an assload of work and still cannot protect against stupid users who think they are advanced. Don't get me started on library conflicts.

Also

AGAIN even disabled shit will fuck your luaui Even if disabled. Problem? Butch about the way there is little way to handle it beyond hard locking out widgets. Unless there is some other method I am unaware of that outright blocks them from loading which will then reload lua after this magical toggle
I thought Chilli supported enabling/disabling of local widgets? That's what CA did when I last played it. No assload of work required.

Return to “Game Releases”