P.U.R.E. 0.55

P.U.R.E. 0.55

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Argh

P.U.R.E. 0.55

Post by Argh »

This is the release thread for P.U.R.E.

I am currently regarding this as a "public beta", although IRL events have conspired to make it very difficult to continue to work on this game for some time to come. I hope that everybody enjoys this game, even in its unfinished state.

What is P.U.R.E., and why should you play it?

Very simply, P.U.R.E. is my attempt to build a game design that includes all of the things I liked about OTA, while cutting out the things I didn't.

Here is a promo video, made by Pendrokar, that shows you what gameplay looks like. It's showing an older version of the game- it's even more spectacular than this, visually.

Here is a promo video, made by Cabbage, showing some great footage of P.U.R.E.'s units. Very clever camera work, I think most people will really like this...

Here is the game, direct from Wolfe Games.

Here's an AAI config.

KAIK works well with P.U.R.E. out of the box, in SVN builds of Spring. Should give players a good game.

As soon as I have a config for other AIs, or I know other AIs work properly with P.U.R.E. I will post them.

System Requirements

P.U.R.E. requires the latest builds of Spring to play. This usually means that the latest SVN is required (but 0.55 is 0.76b1 compatible).Get the latest installer builds here.

Minimum System Specs

Athlon XP 1.3 GHz, or equivalent.
512MB RAM
ATi Radeon 9800SE or equivalent.

Recommended System Specs

Core 2 Duo 2.0+ GHz, or equivalent.
1GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 7900GT or equivalent.
Last edited by Argh on 23 Jan 2008, 07:37, edited 17 times in total.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Um, Argh? You might want to change the title:

Purify, Expand, Reclaim, Exterminate abbreviates to PERE, not PURE
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

hrm...

purify, Expand, reclaim, and Exterminate

Hrmm..
knorke

Post by knorke »

the battles look a bit set up ;)
I like how each unit seems to have its own style/personaliy, I already like the fourwheeled constructions vehicles.
The mex is a watermill stuck in the ground? cool!
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Fanger wrote:hrm...

purify, Expand, reclaim, and ExterminateHrmm..
I knew you'd say that the moment I saw it :P

Editted due to getting ninja'd by knorke
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Guessmyname wrote:Um, Argh? You might want to change the title:

Purify, Expand, Reclaim, Exterminate abbreviates to PERE, not PURE
Glory to the fathermod! (père is father in french :P)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

That movie had stuff far more impressive than most of the advertising media we've generated so far.

Sadly it didn't play in WMP 11 and needed VLAN to display anything.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

AF wrote:That movie had stuff far more impressive than most of the advertising media we've generated so far.

Sadly it didn't play in WMP 11 and needed VLAN to display anything.
Worked fine in my WMP11...O_o
lurker

Post by lurker »

I've had the same issue before. Guess what the culprit was. Hint: it's not Longhorn
Argh

Post by Argh »

Um, I'm terribly sorry... lol, the "e" should be a "u" for "Unify". Been a bit distracted due to IRL, this was done in a massive hurry :?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I think you did a good job argh, I've written a blog post about it here:

http://www.darkstars.co.uk/2007/pure/

I also uploaded the trailer to youtube as you can see it embedded in my blog post.
lurker

Post by lurker »

AF wrote:I have taken the liberty of uploading the video to youtube for all to see (and for those who cant use the wmv format)
8)
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

AF wrote:I think you did a good job argh, I've written a blog post about it here:

http://www.darkstars.co.uk/2007/pure/

I also uploaded the trailer to youtube as you can see it embedded in my blog post.
DAMN
EDIT: Uploading to Gametrailers for better quality feed! - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 46420.html
Last edited by Pendrokar on 15 Dec 2007, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I checked it out, looks cool! Too bad there are no players on the buildbot server... I'd enjoy playing it v. people, so more players come thar!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I have an NTai config running this, but I have to debug an error that's being thrown up, Ill release the config afterwards and you can download the ntai.dll from buildbot. (svn ntai not 0.75b2 ntai)

edit:: bah I cant debug using P.U.R.E until I have the full proper vclibs package for svn >_>
lurker

Post by lurker »

AF wrote:edit:: bah I cant debug using P.U.R.E until I have the full proper vclibs package for svn >_>
All right all right uploading.
Edit: http://xta.wolfgame.org/SimBase/vclibs.7z
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

http://www.darkstars.co.uk/2007/ntai-svn-package/

Too late, I already debugged using xta instead. But tobi will be happy you've finished.

Anyway there's an svn NTai and svn toolkit with all the configs including a P.U.R.E config.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Here's an AAI config.

As of last time I tested, it still doesn't work with KAIK, and very unfortunately, RAI hasn't been available for SVN builds, since it is closed-source.

I will rebuild the bloody title-screen when I finally get home Monday- I'm commiserating with my family this weekend, to help fight the inevitable blues and keep my nose to the job-hunting grindstone, but I will fix that and put up a new one. Please let me know if you find any terrifying balance issues between now and then- the last testing I did with DRB seemed to indicate that the game is fairly well balanced and pretty close to bug-free right now, other than the air transport not working at all correctly...
HildemarDasce

Post by HildemarDasce »

That video looks very very good. I love the orbital drop building concept.
And the explosions look terrific... and the unit design is neat as well...
As AF pointed out, the vid is probably the best piece of promo for Spring thus far.
If it plays well (haven't had the time to play it yet), it might be a good idea to bundle it with the installer, no?

My only concern is the title. Backronyms are never a good idea in my opinion (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. anyone?).

But otherwise, I'm impressed.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

PLEASE increase LOS ranges, war of the radar blips isn't fun.

Return to “Argh's Projects”