Expand and Exterminate Epic version 0.162 Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Epic Expand and Exterminate reduces the scale of the units and their movement down to 1/3 what it was whilst leaving the ranges alone. The purpose is to create a much more epic feel to the game in terms of range and scope of battles with many more units attacking and dieing in a battle. This may play slower than regular EE on the same map but you have to keep in mind that with regards to unit scale any map has to be multiplied by 3x in order to get the proper size.

Please discuss any changes or ideas you have for this version:

Im currently considering increasing the AOE of bombers and making mortar units not able to fire and move..

The latest version of Epic will always run off of the latest version of EE the version numbers will correspond so you will need to have a copy of regular EE to play Epic.. and remember dont give your CD key to anyone..

Link: http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3633
Last edited by Fanger on 06 Jul 2006, 05:03, edited 3 times in total.
Fat Zombie

Post by Fat Zombie »

Ooh. This looks fun! I must try!

*sets up ULTRA-MEGA ARMY OF +3 DEATH*
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

This mod is really really great, giving a completely different feel to many maps. My one complaint, or observation actually, is that the range's seem a little over the top. Its not bad, but its just odd.
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

Zoombie wrote:This mod is really really great, giving a completely different feel to many maps. My one complaint, or observation actually, is that the range's seem a little over the top. Its not bad, but its just odd.
:lol: i thought that to begin with until i got into a good fight and the range just makes it feel more... epic to me.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Thats true. The best thing ,though, was the really neat fact that tree's are now appropreately sized!
Journier

Post by Journier »

for epic, we will need a increase in cost for the rocket turrets, they are far too effective right now really vs people streaming units into your base...

the slow speed of units right now, has the rockets getting in alot of free shots before coming into range.

this is actually true with ALOT of defensive placements...

they are overrall too effective right now vs regular units.

YES you can use mortars but once again those are also overpowered right now too.

they need a price increase or something in epic.

the same goes for our discussion of forts in regular ee earlier, i believe forts in Epic fall into the same place, they are now going past too powerful in epic, to something out past that point.

in epic ive sent a massive wall of troops mostly lvl 2 and lvl 3, GD tanks

verse 3 fortresses. the 3 fortresses massively outranged most of my tanks etc, so for a solid 1 minute in Epic, my troops had nothing to fire at but were being slaughtered.

this is just 1 example from me of an epic game where a single turret can change the game play.

Something some people call WTFPWNED.

meh discussion to follow on my favorite mod evar.
Last edited by Journier on 04 Jul 2006, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

May want to add that you need normal E&E for Epic to work, Fang.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

How about a range nerf for epic turrets?
Journier

Post by Journier »

i think im up for that, as long as they just "barely" outrange regular units in there lvl class.

the range difference right now is excessive, for the sizes of the units and there speed :)

atliest thats the feeling i get when i play. yea good suggestion fang.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

Yeah I should have realized that earlier when we 1/3rded everything in order to balance it right I should have gone through all the turret ranges and subtracted their mobile counterparts and then 1/3rded this difference

essentially if the mobile units range is 100 and the turret is 160, then in epic the turret should only be 120 because the difference covered by that 40 is to make up for the movement speed which is now less so the difference needs to be less, by 1/3rd as well
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Doesn't this cause a ton of problems with units not being able to hit each other, even at point-blank?
Aun

Post by Aun »

Caydr wrote:Doesn't this cause a ton of problems with units not being able to hit each other, even at point-blank?
From what we've seen, no.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

actually any unit no matter the size can hav e that problem. Run a flamer bot up close to its target in regualr EE. itll freak out and not fire.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I have yet to notice any real targeting problems. Flamers seem to work fine in this mode, even though the nanolathing looks way to big for the unit lathing.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

I did a quick test and I didnt have any problems with units failing to hit.. the projectile speeds were slowed down.. I think if a projectile is moving slow enough it can still register as spring updates and hit smaller units..
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

is there an ETA for Epic E&E .161?
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

Today... and it will be renamed to .162 to coincide with a new release of EE to fix a massive problem..
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

Where *IS* it, bish?!?
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Your wish is my "Do it right now, you limy bastard!"

Return to “Game Releases”