Problem with AI testing

Problem with AI testing

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Lindir The Green

Problem with AI testing

Post by Lindir The Green »

Back in the good ol' days of 0.71, I could right click on a saved script and tell spring to run it. But now, it just does the same thing as opening up Spring.exe which is really annoying!

Because now to run an AI test, I have to open up the lobby, spend 10 minutes setting up the test, and then run it, just to see if the small change I made in NTai had any effect.

Does anybody know a workaround?
Kuroneko

Re: Problem with AI testing

Post by Kuroneko »

Lindir The Green wrote:Back in the good ol' days of 0.71, I could right click on a saved script and tell spring to run it. But now, it just does the same thing as opening up Spring.exe which is really annoying!

Because now to run an AI test, I have to open up the lobby, spend 10 minutes setting up the test, and then run it, just to see if the small change I made in NTai had any effect.

Does anybody know a workaround?
SpringSP
Lindir The Green

SpringSP is outdated; I'm not even sure if it works with the current version of Spring.

And I can't set myself as a spectator in it, or save the settings.
IceXuick

Post by IceXuick »

[NOHELPFUL_INFO]

As many probably have figured out now, 72b1 is unfortunately, despite massive testing, not bug free (at all). I hope things can get fixed soon, as i myself also have some problems with the new release.

[/NOHELPFUL_INFO]
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

Lindir The Green wrote:SpringSP is outdated; I'm not even sure if it works with the current version of Spring.

And I can't set myself as a spectator in it, or save the settings.
it does work, remembers your settings and you can spectate by just choosing AI players. have you ever used it before?
Sgt Doom

Post by Sgt Doom »

I'm using the springSP that came with NTAI, it works just fine.
Lindir The Green

Hmm...

Well, the last time I tried to share a com with the AI, it crashed.

I guess I'll try it. But it still isn't as convenient, because I will have to use .cheat .spectator at the beginning of every test to see what's happening.
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

Lindir The Green wrote:Hmm...

Well, the last time I tried to share a com with the AI, it crashed.

I guess I'll try it. But it still isn't as convenient, because I will have to use .cheat .spectator at the beginning of every test to see what's happening.
what are you talking about? try it. add two NTAI bots as players. no human players. That's all you have to do! you can see all the resources of the first player and all the units of all players!

try it!

make sure you use the edit player button to change the first player to NTAI from human

try it!

watch the game

try it!

try it!

try it!

try it!

can i be any clearer?
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

unpossible wrote:you can see all the resources of the first player and all the units of all players!
and if u press numbers u can view resources of other players :wink:
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If you need to intervene, do .cheat .team x, then .spectator to go back again

Simply dragging and dropping a script onto spring.exe is enough
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

Although I have seen a bug where occasionally I'll set several AI players in SP, and then launch to find that it has given control of player one to me instead of an ai.
Lindir The Green

unpossible wrote: try it!

make sure you use the edit player button to change the first player to NTAI from human

try it!

watch the game

try it!

try it!

try it!

try it!
I know!

I know!

I know!

I know!

I know!

I know!

I can't try it right now because I'm busy doing the 150 hours of community service I need to graduate from high school!

But I will try it when I get home today!

I'll also try AF's method!

edit:

AF's method did not work. Using SpringSP did work, but it is still annoying because when the next version of NTai comes out (probably tommorow) the installer will overwrite all of my SpringSP data.

And then again the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and then again when I want to actually play a SP game.

Return to “General Discussion”