Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released - Page 7

Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Decimator

Post by Decimator »

I'd say lvl1 radar range could possibly use a bit of a boost, but everything else is fine.
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

nah its fine, makes lvl2 radar useful. radar + arty = win, radar+moving your army to intercept enemy attack or attack undefended position = win
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

I never find my self shooting at radar dots in EE, as i always have LoS through one mean or the other, even when using arty.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

I prefer the radar in the role of early warning rather than as a way to shoot farther. It is nice to actually see what you're fighting. And I do quite often shell radar dots. I don't remember if you play URC or GD?
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

I play GD.

Well, if there is a consensus that radar is fine, so be it.

Cant wait to play NI, Fang, where are you ???
smoth

Post by smoth »

He is away for a bit on a trip, he will be back soon I believe.

As far as radar usage. PLEASE watch that demo I posted. I pretty much take the map early game and cover most of with radar/los. I am not argueing with you. I wanted you to see how I used it. Let me know if it was helpfull.
MrSpontaneous

Post by MrSpontaneous »

about that replay, smoth, it has been bugging me, but why did you not develop the territory you captured, or develop necessary infrastructure to produce more/better units?

just wondering because it seemed like you did not use alot of your time as well as you could have in that replay. (there were a large number of "dulldrums" were no significant attacking was going on were you could have microed your economy to more optimal levels)
smoth

Post by smoth »

well, I didn't want to play. I wanted to do calculus, so I only took over because wasp dropped. Anyway, I was just dicking around, I was more interesting in what the porc potential of EE was. Which to my pleasure there was none. However, I by habit expand for sight. I like to know what is going on. Then I lost all interest and wanted the game to end.
Aun

Post by Aun »

Andreask wrote:Cant wait to play NI, Fang, where are you ???
I know...
smoth

Post by smoth »

ni isn't complete enough to actually give a solid fight. Patience, you will get to use them in time but at the moment they are not worth it.
Aun

Post by Aun »

smoth wrote:ni isn't complete enough to actually give a solid fight. Patience, you will get to use them in time but at the moment they are not worth it.

1-2 months... :cry:
smoth

Post by smoth »

Aun wrote:
smoth wrote:ni isn't complete enough to actually give a solid fight. Patience, you will get to use them in time but at the moment they are not worth it.

1-2 months... :cry:
mehbe longar! BWA HA HA!
Flint

Post by Flint »

Decimator wrote:I'd say lvl1 radar range could possibly use a bit of a boost, but everything else is fine.
Yeah I'm in agreement with this.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

When NI does come, I plan to play E&E a hell of a lot more.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Personally I dont find radar to be useless, Maybe you need to try playing larger maps...

and out of shear curiosity why is everyone so interested in playing NI, once I get them balanced correctly they will not be easy to play quite the contrary of the 3 factions they will require the most skill to even be decent with.. the learning curve for GD would be easiest and URC next, but once NI is set up they will have a fairly high learning curve. I mean yeah they do look cool (though I am biased) but just wondering why people are not playing now and just waiting for NI to come out when if you played now there will be more people interested in playing when NI comes out..

side note I am not going to be back till sometime monday so I wont be able to really work on anything till then.. Ill contemplate increasing the radar range of the lvl 1 radar..
Aun

Post by Aun »

Fanger wrote:Personally I dont find radar to be useless, Maybe you need to try playing larger maps...

and out of shear curiosity why is everyone so interested in playing NI, once I get them balanced correctly they will not be easy to play quite the contrary of the 3 factions they will require the most skill to even be decent with.. the learning curve for GD would be easiest and URC next, but once NI is set up they will have a fairly high learning curve. I mean yeah they do look cool (though I am biased) but just wondering why people are not playing now and just waiting for NI to come out when if you played now there will be more people interested in playing when NI comes out..

side note I am not going to be back till sometime monday so I wont be able to really work on anything till then.. Ill contemplate increasing the radar range of the lvl 1 radar..
I know and I'm playing EE a lot, but unless NI's speed gets decreased a lot, I'm still gonna play as them. :-)
knorke

Post by knorke »

just noted something funny, not sure if it is a EE or spring bug:

Tell a level 1 plasma or flame mech to fire at a tree.
He will walk to the tree, knock it over and start spinning his turret around :shock:
The flamer sometimes flames around when doing so.
Might work with other direct-firer units too. (rocket, mortar etc. wont work)
Great fun to make a whole dancing squad! :roll:
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Laser units utterly refuse to fire at features in spring: http://taspring.clan-sy.com/mantis/view.php?id=123
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Pretty sure that's a known issue and is supposedly fixed in 0.72b1.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Nope, just went and tested the new version, lasers and beamlasers still most definitely refuse to fire at or through trees.

Return to “Game Releases”