Absolute Annihilation 1.5 - Page 25

Absolute Annihilation 1.5

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

the changes may be positive as a whole, but it's losing a lot in its major skill.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Drone_Fragger wrote:
Heavy bombers are fine.

QFT
HAHAHAHA
HAHA

wait...you aren't joking O,o
check the CORE bomber out. seriously. The ARM one is OK-ish
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

it was made heavier when the carpetbomber was taken out, because arm still has emp and nuke bombers.
its fine.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

check. it. out.
as in. LOOK.
like. at the. STATS.
especially the COST. compare it to a T1 BOMBER.

my clan exploit hurricanes, its scary shit
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Machiosabre wrote:the changes may be positive as a whole, but it's losing a lot in its major skill.
It's loosing less than 900 HP and gaining a lot in speed. This means it will close with defences faster, allowing it to engage them faster, meaning it will take less total damage. It's also gaining in maneuverability, so a single wreck won't completely stall your assault.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

bullies crush smaller wrecks
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

Aun wrote:The comms have an insanely high cost and low HP. I've had a sniper go from 1.4 to 9.7XP killing a comm....
I killed a Comm once using a Metal Exploiter. It jumped to 43 XP. 8)
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Min3mat wrote:bullies crush smaller wrecks
I don't think they crush Bulldog wrecks, do they? And I know they don't crush Fort Walls.

As for Hurricanes... Tougher than a Phoenix but slower, lower, and slower to turn. Longer-range, faster-firing AA missile.

Much nastier bombs. Uh. Yeah.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

THANK YOU. Edgarwaen i am starting to really like you, you pay attention and test things out.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I'd still prefer if the Reaper was the slightly faster, lighter tank, and the Bulldog as a heavy unit between the Reaper and the Goli. First, because Core could use something like that in their vehicle factory, and because the bulldog has always been the one single exception to the Arm layout. Sometimes, you just need a big nasty tank, and the Bulldog and the Fatboy are all Arm's got to fill that need.

And I rarely play l2 bombers out - I'm a gunship nut, I admit it - I have noticed that L1 bombers, even in vast numbers, seem comparatively useless while even a handful of L2 Core bombers are a terrifying assault. But I'm too lazy to look at the stats. Is it as unbalanced as it seems?
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

its not unbalenced at all if you take the emp bombers into acount I'd say 7 pheonixes and 3 emps would do more then 10 hurricanes, especially in the defence department.
I wouldn't even mind if the pheonix and hurricane were equal but it would leave core lvl2air completely barren.
Soulless1

Post by Soulless1 »

Egarwaen wrote:
Min3mat wrote:bullies crush smaller wrecks
I don't think they crush Bulldog wrecks, do they? And I know they don't crush Fort Walls.

As for Hurricanes... Tougher than a Phoenix but slower, lower, and slower to turn. Longer-range, faster-firing AA missile.

Much nastier bombs. Uh. Yeah.
do hurricanes have AA missiles? I thought they just got rid of that in favour of the extra bombs...in the same way as the arm/core berthaships do...
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Soulless1 wrote:do hurricanes have AA missiles? I thought they just got rid of that in favour of the extra bombs...in the same way as the arm/core berthaships do...
Oh yes, that's right. Still... That's a lot of bombs.
Soulless1

Post by Soulless1 »

Egarwaen wrote:
Soulless1 wrote:do hurricanes have AA missiles? I thought they just got rid of that in favour of the extra bombs...in the same way as the arm/core berthaships do...
Oh yes, that's right. Still... That's a lot of bombs.
well, yeah...it'd be boring if both sides have the same :P

besides...emp bombers man...also liches to an extent...
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Caydr wrote:Snipers no longer fire at air targets
Zeus kbots fire at air too, as do a few other lightning and flame units I think. They don't usually seem to hit, but it is kind of annoying since they should be killing ground stuff.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Zeus kbots fire at air too, as do a few other lightning and flame units I think. They don't usually seem to hit, but it is kind of annoying since they should be killing ground stuff.
Noooo, if zeuses don't attack air, i'll no AA support for my assults... oh wait, new L2 AA kbots :D
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

From what I'm seeing in the SVN, I'd say the SYs are gearing up for .72 tonight or tomorrow. Count on seeing the next version of AA in time for the release :-)

(i'll let you take a wild guess which two planned units won't be in it)
Last edited by Caydr on 06 Jun 2006, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Is it as unbalanced as it seems?
Yup

besides...emp bombers man...also liches to an extent...
LOL liches suck my balls
its not unbalenced at all if you take the emp bombers into acount I'd say 7 pheonixes and 3 emps would do more then 10 hurricanes, especially in the defence department.
I wouldn't even mind if the pheonix and hurricane were equal but it would leave core lvl2air completely barren.
Har de fracking Har. W00T EMP BOMBERS ARE LIEK AMAZINGS THEY PWNZ LIEK...LIEK...THE STICK PWNZ TEH FIRE.
Phoenix is fine. Hurricane is insanely OP. Solution? make the hurricane roughly equal to the Phoenix, at least balance will be better then!
Barren CORE t2 Air...ever heard of the Krow...
Tell you what. Start playing the mod. At a decent level (THIS MEANS LIKE NOES SPEEDY METALZ OH NOEZ!) Then. Slowly formulate a opinion, back it up with hours of ingame time and experience. Then give it to Caydr and watch him throw it in your FACE. Like what the >.< >.< >.< is going to do to vipers... -.- Pitbulls are fine, yet they get a buff too :\ >.< >.< >.<

T2 Bombers are fine. No really. Watch your back because i am abusing CORE hardcore styley from here on. Watch your antibomber and antiswarm turrets get either toasted or avioded for the cost of a few scouts. Watch armies destroyed by hurricanes MASSIVE AoE and damage. Watch Mechs get PWNT by hurricanes. Defenses. AA. Commanders. Hell with the spring bugs atm you can even slowly pwn SUBS.

I intend to enjoy this imbalance >=D
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Why can't you discuss ideas and opinions without acting like little children? It's embarassing, no wonder the community remains so very small.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

The core bombers are fine, arm has a far better airforce as is with the oprions available to them.

Return to “Game Releases”