Absolute Annihilation 1.5

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Really, Really old AA thread here: http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2633

Old AA thread here: http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3893

New version posted (1.5)

With 383 balanced units, Absolute Annihilation is the single most-downloaded Total Annihilation units pack. Now AA has been ported to Spring and takes advantage of this new engine's every feature.

Readme file and changelog included.

This version is an extreme rush job. It's largely untested but should work properly.

http://aaspring.tk <<< I've set this url up to ALWAYS point to the latest AA version.

http://ta-aa.sourceforge.net/modweb <<< AA: Spring unit guide (will be updated to 1.5 stats shortly)
Last edited by Caydr on 11 Jun 2006, 19:09, edited 3 times in total.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Sweetness!
edit: url still pointing to 1.46...
edit2: go here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ta-a ... p?download
Mecha Sonic

Post by Mecha Sonic »

I thought you were gonna wait til the new Spring version?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Instead of waiting, I've just included stuff that currently does nothing but will work once the next version of spring is out, such as the fixed EMP times.
Mugslugs

Post by Mugslugs »

lots if stuff for next version huge changelof for spring and AA
spring next so far
Bos/Cob script for units can now animate the death of the unit. Just have the Kill function return after a while instead of directly and return wreck level in return value instead of in function argument.
- Fixed the com dies, game ends exploit: sharing your com now kills you
- Fixed a bug causing clients not to quit when server quits
- ".give" cheat command doesn't desync the game anymore
- Made "Team0() is no more" message customizable by modders (see XTA for an example).
- Added weapontag "paralyzetime", controls how long a unit can maximaly be paralyzed after being hit by this weapon, default 10
- Adds some new options in the settings program for scroll speeds
- Added new fbi tag "levelground" set this to 0 to prevent a building from leveling ground beneth it. Make sure that the model continue some way below ground so that they dont look like they float in air.
- Fixed torpedo aircrafts not being able to attack subs
- Added support for decals on ground below buildings
- New fbi tag UseBuildingGroundDecal, set to 1 to enable decals for building
- New fbi tag BuildingGroundDecalType, name of a bitmap in unittextures folder
- New fbi tag BuildingGroundDecalSizeX,BuildingGroundDecalSizeY, size of decal (same scale as footprint for unit)
- New fbi tag BuildingGroundDecalDecaySpeed, how fast the decal will fade out after the building has died, default 0.1 (fades out in 10s)
- New fbi tag ShowPlayerName, if set to 1 the tooltip shows the player name instead of the unit description
- Fbi tag HideDamage now actually works: set it to 1 to hide most details in the unit's tooltip from enemies
- New weapon tag "rgbcolor", overrides the old color1 and color2 tags if it exists, gives the color in red green blue format (1 1 1 = white).
- Removed old plasmarepulser system and replaced it with a more generalized shield system
- New fbi tag IsShield, if 1 mean the weapon is a shield and now a weapon
- New fbi tag shieldrepulser, 0=destroy projectile,1=repulse (bounce) projectile
- New fbi tag smartshield, 1=shield doesnt affect allies weapons
- New fbi tag exteriorshield, 1=shield doesnt affect weapons fired from within shield
- New fbi tag visibleshield, 1=see a visible shell representing the shield
- New fbi tag visibleshieldrepulse, 1=see a beam showing when shield repulses something
- New fbi tag shieldenergyuse, how much energy the shield use when repulsing/destroying something
- New fbi tag shieldforce, how hard shield can accelerate some sort of projectiles away
- New fbi tag shieldradius, size of shield effect
- New fbi tag shieldmaxspeed, maximum speed the shield can push some sort of projectiles away
- New fbi tag shieldpower, how much power the shield can store, power is drained by the affected weapons damage, 0=infinite
- New fbi tag shieldpowerregen, how fast the shield regenerates power
- New fbi tag shieldpowerregenenergy, how much energy the shield uses when regenerating power
- New fbi tag shieldintercepttype, which types of weapon the shield can affect (bitfield)
- New fbi tag interceptedbyshieldtype, which types of shields can affect this weapon, if (shieldInterceptType & interceptedByShieldType) is not zero the shield can affect the weapon, default 1 for plasma, 2 for laser, 4 for missiles, 0 for other
- New fbi tag shieldgoodcolor, color of shield when power is full
- New fbi tag shieldbadcolor, color of shield when power is empty
- New fbi tag shieldalpha, how visible the shield shell is with visibleshield=1
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

back to the drawing board......
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Mugslugs wrote:Hot sex
Sweet.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Regarding the building decal thing, does the engine now not show decals outside the player's view, becaue if not you could kinda see whenre the enemies structures are...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

FireCrack wrote:Regarding the building decal thing, does the engine now not show decals outside the player's view, becaue if not you could kinda see whenre the enemies structures are...
Pretty sure I read something to that effect in the SVN, yeah.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Is the Leejen a level 1 or level 2 unit? I'm just quickly updating the Unit Guide.

Edit: NM. Found it after digging through the mod files. Unit Guide should be updated, though there'll be more changes (of course) if I find that gameplay's substantially changed.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

One of the new Dragons Teeth Defence units is giving this error, seems to be a random occurence so far, but have seen it in 3 seperate games now.

Unsure what events lead to the message being displayed.

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Huh, that's funny. Probably because I've got all the Claw/Maw's movement stats set to 0. I'll try increasing them to 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 and see if that helps.

If you can ignore it, don't worry it won't cause any problems.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

MR.D wrote:One of the new Dragons Teeth Defence units is giving this error, seems to be a random occurence so far, but have seen it in 3 seperate games now.

Ooh. Someone has been playing Speedmetal.. Shame on you!
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Comp1337 wrote:
MR.D wrote:One of the new Dragons Teeth Defence units is giving this error, seems to be a random occurence so far, but have seen it in 3 seperate games now.

Ooh. Someone has been playing Speedmetal.. Shame on you!
Pwnt.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

the new dragonsstuff is awesome but I've noticed the maw has a different shade of grey than the dragonsteeth which kinda takes away from the effect.

btw: Annihilator HP increased 400 units (2800->3200)
is bs, anni should get an upgrade in hp untill its range gets seriously nerfed.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

anni hp do not need to be increased imo, anni rule already, they dont need to be stronger, other than that I like most changes I think :)
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

before an anni was 3-4 Merl missiles
i know it has a different role than the DDM but still its HP does need just that little buff IMO
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

merls dont even outrange it though so thats hardly an unbalence.
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

Machiosabre wrote:merls dont even outrange it though so thats hardly an unbalence.
Your point being?
place them covered if you don't want to lose one are two.

Still I don't think the hp buff is needed, anni's survive already quite a lot.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

HOLY SHIT!

Hawks pwn so hard right now! You can instant kill a goliath with 15 of em! O.o

Edit: 15 of em INSTANT KILL a COMMANDER. O.o

Return to “Game Releases”