Sequelites! (And the need of it in some cases)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Now I was thinking about games that really needed sequels, but never got them. And games that deserved to be lit on fire, but got four sequels. And I was thinking: If you could have a sequel to ANY Game, what would it be (maximum of three)

My two would be:

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (if they don't have a sequel there will be riots and blood shed in the streets. What to know why? Play The Longest Journey (10 dollars, 20 hours) then play Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (40 dollars, 20 hours) and then you'll see why this DEMANDS another part!)

and

AVP 2: Then need an AVP3. Really. They do. A lot. I mean anything to wash away that horrific movie.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Earthbound. It should have had a sequel years ago but it was cancelled. Apparently there's one working up for the DS but I'm not sure what stage it is at yet.

Fallout, that game should never have stopped pumping out sequals. The second wasn't even slightly worse then the first, and tactics wasn't the same game, it was a new game type entirely.

TA :D

Pico's school. If you know what I'm talking about you get bonus life points!
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

Farenhiet also known as the indigo prophecy Now that was a game i enjoyed and ive been waiting for the expansion to that.

that game i recon is the first of its kind its one of the best games i ever played if they ever realesed aa sequal to that game i would be the first one to get it :-)
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Earth2150 needs a decent sequel.
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

i see your point i was dissopinted with 2160 :(
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

Zoombie if your into games like Dreamfall: The Longest Journey I think u would really like Farenheit also known as The Indigo prophecy.

I dont know why this game has 2 names In america they call it The Indigo prophecy but in australia its callrf Farenheit Wierd hah.
Rayden

Post by Rayden »

Redline with new graphics (NOT Redline Racer)
cabbs

Post by cabbs »

Freespace 2 needs a PC sequel.

nothing more to be said.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Death rally. Mmh, Machine gun mounted cars racing. Oh i loved the trial so much...

Madness interactive. The mods don't cut it, GIVE ME MY MADNESS!!!

Starcraft :p

Annnddd... Well i will have to agree on fallout.
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

SwiftSpear wrote:Earthbound. It should have had a sequel years ago but it was cancelled. Apparently there's one working up for the DS but I'm not sure what stage it is at yet.
http://starmen.net/
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

Star Control 3.
And I mean a real starcon 3, not that utter shit Accolade released after star control 2. I would kill for that game. Really.

Terracon 2
It's most likely nobody here has ever heard of Terracon, but I think it's one of the best PS1 games ever made.
A sequel wouldn't be plausible, but just a remake with modern graphics would simply rock, although it had some stunning graphics back in the days.
http://www.terracon-game.com
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Swiftspear Wrote:
Fallout, that game should never have stopped pumping out sequals. The second wasn't even slightly worse then the first, and tactics wasn't the same game, it was a new game type entirely.
Good news! ThereWILL be a Fallout 3 (and most likey more after that).

The first attempt at fallout three was cancelled by interplay (some screen shots of what had been created were released after the announcement).

The rights to the fallout series have now been sold to Bthusda, who confirmed they will make fallout 3 (It's in very early stages atm, so don't expect it anytime soon). They also said they want to try to keep it inline with the first two games (huzzah, still 50's styling), they also hinted about a possible fallout 5 & 6 if it was successful.

Ohhh and interplay are currently working on a fallout MMORPG :o

Gah all the above is badly laid out, so i'll recap:

Expect Fallout 3, and a Fallout MMORPG in a few years i guess!

Edit: Fallout 2 was bugged to buggery and back with a big bag of bugs, but it was still the best singleplayer RPGish game i've ever played :p
smoth

Post by smoth »

Michilus_nimbus wrote:Star Control 3.
And I mean a real starcon 3, not that utter shit Accolade released after star control 2. I would kill for that game. Really.
OMFG! TELL ME ABOUT IT!

Starcontrol 2 was released as open sourcebtw so rejoice because you can still play it. "NOW AND FOREVER!"

FYI the removal of the supox was retarded but I did like a few of the sc3 ships.
Soulless1

Post by Soulless1 »

Serenity/Firefly anyone?

Though I heard there was something going on there...but still, that really should have carried on :(
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Michilus_nimbus wrote:Star Control 3.

Terracon 2
It's most likely nobody here has ever heard of Terracon, but I think it's one of the best PS1 games ever made.
A sequel wouldn't be plausible, but just a remake with modern graphics would simply rock, although it had some stunning graphics back in the days.
http://www.terracon-game.com
SC3 would be very complicated because Accolade and Toys For Bob have mixed control over the rights.... iirc, Accolade gave away everything but the name though. Still, there were TFB games that came out later. Played Unholy War for the PS1? A good mix of StarCon 1 and Mario 64.

I want a new Descent, focussed on multiplayer teamplay, that would be cool. StarCraft 2 is a given.

If a new AvP is made, anybody _but_ Monolith should make it. Monolith does wonderful singleplayer action and nice maps and modelling, but their multiplayer game is always weak. AvP 1 online was way better balanced and more fun than AvP 2.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I did play Indigo Prophecy (by the way: Fahrenheit is a way way way way way better name! Also wouldn't the European name by Celsius or something and the American name, what with our CU-RAZY way of measuring things, be Fahrenheit ?)

And I found it to be out there.

Very...very...very out there. Mostly at the end. but it was still fun and cool and the flying kung-fu/magic fight at the very end, witch climaxes with you running along walls to avoid three helicopters. Now that was BAD ASS!

So yeah, they need to make another game like that. Not a direct equal, but something simmaler to it.

And how could have I fogroten Star Control. I played it late, in the Ur-quan Masters format, but darn was that a good game. A sedo-sequal would be Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominaters. That game is also cool.

And Fallout will live forever, now that Bethesda got their hands on it. I hope they keep it isometric though. A First Person Fall out would be less cool, somehow. And the less said about the console version of Fallout the better...

The console (that is crap) version of Fallout took a deep, multipathed, incredibly good RPG and turned it into...into...DIABLO!
:shock:
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Nuclear Strike

Sorry, that game RULES
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Just... Give me Masters of Orion 3... wait... give me the REAL masters of orion 3...

And damed Transport Tycoon... I NEED THAT GAME BACK.

And A decent Theam Park thats as good as the original...

Infact... Why is it that all the realy great to play old games get crap updates?? WHY!??!? They mess with teh game play by frigging Simplifying or over complicating things, and so you cant enjoy the wonders of modern graphics...

I'd play a good 50£ for master of Orion 2 In full 3D, with expanded tech trees, and modern multiplayer options...

aGorm

(Since posting has booted his anchent laptop up and setteled down for a game of MOO2... dont expect me back for a few days...)
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

aGorm wrote:Just... Give me Masters of Orion 3... wait... give me the REAL masters of orion 3...
gimme a GOOD ship designing and space/ground combat overhaul for MoO 3 and I'll be content. Other than that, I can't really complain
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Galactic...Civilizations....2. All your worrys and probelms are now over aGorm.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”