AAI 0.63 released (win + linux version included) - Page 6

AAI 0.63 released (win + linux version included)

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

FizWizz wrote: correct me if I am wrong, but if units are added or removed between versions, wouldn't that mess up the learning file?

no sorry but this is not possible atm.

AAI stores the unit ids with some additional aai-related information (side, cost, etc.) as well as the category lists (e.g. all extractors of arm) and some statistical info needed to make building-decisions. all of these values will have to be recalculated if only a single unit has been added or modified since they all depend on each other

therefore it's necessary to recreate buildtables for any new version of a mod
(except there are only graphicall/sound changes ...)
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

The far better ai for air-naval battles in sea maps :!: :!:
The ai produced resources, shipyards and seaplane platforms very fast and they attack in groups.Very well done :wink:
The ai had included all my test new mod units in the fight without trouble!
I was destroyed for the first time in a Spring sea skirmish :!: :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:
The only thing wrong is about UH mod, that produces ship transports instead of destroyers to attack enemy bases...but I think that this mod not are still included or ,due these ships are shipped with laser guns would be cathegorized as combat ones.Ive changed the Buildtable of UH1.3 transports to "sea storage energy" :roll: :idea: :| but this returned to the old nomenclature.I think I need to remove weapon from FBI file...What you think??
VonGratz
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

the problem is that those transport units with weapons will be considered being combat units, it takes some time until aai learns that other units are more suitable for combat...
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

For while I think the better is to remove the lasers :-) .Im also thinking about the new ZWZSG transports - named barges - the two ships and two hovers with a new script that ,automatically, put all squadron of units landed.Did someone already tested that units in Spring?
VonGratz :wink:
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Just got an interesting error, never seen it before...
Fatal Error wrote:Access violation - No RTTI data!
Each of the team logs end in the middle of outputting a line of "Looking for factory"
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Kuroneko wrote:
thats a famous spring bug - but idont know what it means... happens in multiplayer as well
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

submarine wrote:
Kuroneko wrote:
thats a famous spring bug - but idont know what it means... happens in multiplayer as well
Famous? Hrm, I've never seen it before. Wierd...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Somewhere in spring, code was compiled without run time type ifnormation. The error appears for some people and not for others, but it's a very unusual bug, and it isnt directly caused by an AI, and some people are more susceptable to it than others
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

maybe not famous, but it definitely does catch the eye of whoever gets it. I found a way to 100% reproduce that bug too, and reported it on the Mantis

Hey submarine, when do you think you'll be able to put out a new version of AAI? In the ballpark of a couple days, couple weeks, a month? I'd just like to know whether or not I should be expecting and hoping for something new soon.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

^^ Yeah, what he said :-)
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

actually i sent a test versions to all beta testers yesterday midnight. the main problem is that i dont have much time to spend on aai atm. at first i planned to wait until 0.70 is finished, but now i think there will be a minor update within the next weeks

here's the current changelog:

AAI v0.65
- AAI now handels anti air/assault units, bombers and fighters with different groups (requieres a little bit of learning to work properly)

- Added MAX_ANTI_AIR_GROUP_SIZE and MAX_ARTY_GROUP_SIZE (not in use yet) statement to mod cfg

- New combat unit selection (air units will now be seperated into different categories in AIR ONLY MODS like FF)

- Improved ressources management a bit

- AAI now takes the position of its base into account when placing stationary defences for extractors outside of its base

- New power plant selection (fixed AAI not building pocket fusions in ff)

- Fixed a bug that prevented AAI from upgrading metal extractors

- Fixed a bug that could cause AAI to freeze when builders get stuck

- Fixed a bug that crashed the game on small maps when MAX_MEX_DISTANCE was greater than map size (e.g. small divide)
mecha

Post by mecha »

Could you also implement a way of tuning aai to concentrate more/less on higher/lower tech levels too? ie tech_factor=1 for unchanged, tech_factor = 2 for more expensive tech 2/3 units and tech_factor = 0.5 for more low tech units.

The reason for this is that in mods such as TAWD where infantry are very cheap and quick to produce is that aai will sit there churning out infantry without moving to the cooler stuff such as tanks and aircraft

Alternatively this could be done with a "don't build" list
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

sounds like a good idea, i'll try to think about a nice way of implementing it
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

submarine wrote:actually i sent a test versions to all beta testers yesterday midnight.
Did you can send me this test version?
Graatz :wink:
Targ Collective

Post by Targ Collective »

Here's a quick note on the things I think AAI could use.

Max Interval Between Attacks - if you set AAI's groupsize to a skyhigh value it takes ages building up its forces before attacking, leaving ample time to porc.

Min Interval Between Attacks - so AAI does not exhaust its economy.

Min Groupsize For Attack - don't send up a solo AK. Send up at least 15 units or so in a group.

Improve Pathfinding. AAI units can wonder about the map aimlessly, just outside the sight range of the nearest enemy units. Presumably AAI can tell the target has not been destroyed but is constrained from wandering too far from its target spot. Possibly you should increase the radius of the target spot, or scout out around it after a set time has passed.

Unit Limit - that is in there, but slower machines can't take large unit counts and this would allow AAI to plan its resources better. Also changing it causes problems..

Expensive Units - AAI should be able to build Krogoths, and realise that they are uberweapons which are an investment worth taking, without treating them like peewees!

Nuke and mines support.

Add this lot and AAI will become quite the opponent, in any mod!

One more thing...

Better learning files. Get a group of users to do this as well as yourself, so AAI knows enough from the off to make intelligent choices.

Hope this helps!
esteroth12

Post by esteroth12 »

submarine wrote:...
here's the current changelog:

AAI v0.65

- AAI now takes the position of its base into account when placing stationary defences for extractors outside of its base

good... next, you should make AAI give a higher priority to putting defenses between itself and an enemy base (but not at the complete expense of flank defense!), and see if you can get the KAI chokepoint finder ;)

also, could you put some pre-done learning files with the next release? I can't remember if you did for this one, but I think it would be better if you added the learning files for at least XTA
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

esteroth12 wrote:also, could you put some pre-done learning files with the next release? I can't remember if you did for this one, but I think it would be better if you added the learning files for at least XTA
Well, I've been doing some learning/profiling sessions with E&E, which AAI can use some more help with.
If there is one thing I could ask for more support for in the next AAI, that would be some way to configure how fast it decides to 'tech. E&E goes fairly directly to level 3, which will probably make it pretty vulnerable in the early game. I don't know how this could be done, maybe something can be implemented to adjust the priority on building factories...
adding a tag for a minimum attack force size would also be nice.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

EE is strange, the cheap_modifier in NTai usually averages out as 1.7 in most mdos but EE requires a cheap_multiplier of 2.4 for URC and 3.1 for GD to get the same behaviour
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

Can someone post me some good EE learning/cfg files?
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

sure, as soon as I get home.

[edit]
The Profile:
Expand&Exterminate v0.156.cfg

Code: Select all

SIDES 2
START_UNITS urccom gdcom
SIDE_NAMES URC GD
MAX_UNITS 5000
AIR_ONLY_MOD 0
MAX_XROW 8
MAX_YROW 8
X_SPACE 20
Y_SPACE 20
SECTOR_SIZE 100.0
MAX_SECTOR_IMPORTANCE 5
MAX_BASE_SIZE 9

MAX_GROUP_SIZE 14
MAX_AIR_GROUP_SIZE 10
MAX_ANTI_AIR_GROUP_SIZE 2
MAX_ARTY_GROUP_SIZE 4
UNIT_SPEED_SUBGROUPS 3
MIN_EFFICIENCY 0.01

SCOUTS 4 gdltanks urcspiders urcgargoylep gdlhelimg
SCOUT_SPEED 95.0
MOBILE_ARTY_RANGE 1000.0
STATIONARY_ARTY_RANGE 2000.0
MIN_ENERGY 18

MAX_SCOUTS 2
MAX_BUILDERS 40
MAX_BUILDERS_PER_TYPE 5
MAX_FACTORIES_PER_TYPE 2

MIN_AIR_ATTACK_COST 300
MAX_AIR_TARGETS 20
AIRCRAFT_RATE 1
MIN_AIR_SUPPORT_EFFICIENCY 1.5
AIR_DEFENCE 16

MAX_DEFENCES 4
MAX_STAT_ARTY 4
MAX_AIR_BASE 0
MIN_FACTORIES_FOR_DEFENCES 1
MIN_FACTORIES_FOR_STORAGE 3
MIN_FACTORIES_FOR_RADAR_JAMMER 1

MAX_METAL_COST 10000
METAL_ENERGY_RATIO 12
MAX_STORAGE 4
MAX_MEX_DISTANCE 8
MAX_MEX_DEFENCE_DISTANCE 6
I PM'ed you the learning file... it's a little big to put here.

Return to “AI”