Expand & Exterminate .155 Released! - Page 36

Expand & Exterminate .155 Released!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

FizWizz wrote:pfft, you think you can pick up da' honeys in that thing? Spinners and chrome don't make it go faster, and I'd hate to see the cost of getting it lifted....
...At least you refrained from stickers :lol:
\
Nothing makes a car faster then a big "Type-R" sticker and a gaudy as hell spoiler.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

0.153 has been somewhat delayed due to remodeling issues resulting from the addition of smoths new shiney barrel texture... expect it sometime this week hopefully..
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Fanger wrote:0.153 has been somewhat delayed due to remodeling issues resulting from the addition of smoths new shiney barrel texture... expect it sometime this week hopefully..
We'll like it whenever it comes.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

EXPAND AND EXTERMINATE .153 RELEASED
nuked due to bug :P
-Turrets will no longer return to initial position after attacking
-Flying Height of Missile Superweapons increased to function better on larger maps
-Mine Damage readdressed
-Decreased Dmg/Health of Scout aircraft, specifically GD scout helis
-Ground Attack Aircraft will no long do much if any dmg to other aircraft to prevent them from nukeing eachother during an initial attack..
-20% health and damage increase for all lvl 2 units
-5% speed increase for lvl 2 units
-10% decrease in cost of lvl 2 factories (both air and land)
-increased radar range on radar ships
-sub dmg reduced
-sub range reduced
Last edited by Decimator on 09 May 2006, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
Flint

Post by Flint »

The channel #ee is up in TA Spring Lobby, if you have any questions about the mod or joining [EE] swing by anytime
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Decimator wrote:EXPAND AND EXTERMINATE .153 RELEASED
http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3133
-Flying Height of Missile Superweapons increased to function better on larger maps
-Mine Damage readdressed
-Ground Attack Aircraft will no long do much if any dmg to other aircraft to prevent them from nukeing eachother during an initial attack..
-sub dmg reduced
-sub range reduced
there's one thing I don't see on that list that I heard about earlier and was looking forward to: removing the speed-based accuracy penalty (or plain-old reducing innacuracy, I don't remember) on lvl 2 air attack aircraft weapons.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

EXPAND AND EXTERMINATE .154 RELEASED
http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3134
-Mine Damage readdressed
-sub dmg reduced
-sub range reduced
-fixed bug from .153 that made it impossible for the lvl 1 urc builder to exit the factory
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

http://ee.darkstars.co.uk

That points to the first post of this thread, saves people posting the fileuniverse link in the lobby....
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Just had a very good game of EE. We actually got through a lot of the tech tree by the end. Thus, I've uploaded the recording to my website.

For anyone interested, the film is located here. It may not be a game with amazing l33t sk33lz, but it's an interesting view. There were several points where the outcome could have swung.

Two major things of note:

1) High tech is much better than when I last played in .152, but does not replace lower tech altogether. Smaller units are faster, and thus always have a role.

2) I'm not so worried about low level artillery anymore, but the high level artillery is insane. Even a couple saturation artillery will wipe out practically any static defense line that I can imagine, and do it for a fraction of the cost in time and metal that the defense required. It's also a potent weapon against attacking units. Whether this is the desired effect or not is up to Fang, I guess. It does seem to remove all point to constructing major defensive installations.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

The point of saturation arty and most arty in general is to put an end to any defensive line... Ideally your defensive line should be made up of units backed up perhaps by turrets to shore up points here and there.. your defensive line should thus be mobile, however I will look into the lvl 3 arty they are a bit over the top I think..
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

As a test i made ten or so Saturation Artillery.

In-creda-friggen-awseom-belivable. Yes. A new word has been made for the rain of shells those things unleash! ITS INSANE, as many people have said. Those things could litteraly stop anything, if fired in front of them. The saturation is wide enough, fast enough and dose enough damage to make ONE sat art worth five light arts, mabey ten.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Zoombie wrote:As a test i made ten or so Saturation Artillery.

In-creda-friggen-awseom-belivable. Yes. A new word has been made for the rain of shells those things unleash! ITS INSANE, as many people have said. Those things could litteraly stop anything, if fired in front of them. The saturation is wide enough, fast enough and dose enough damage to make ONE sat art worth five light arts, mabey ten.
It's at least ten (more IMO), but also benefits from much greater range than L1 artillery (which isn't that great compared to L2 and L3 tanks). The problem is that I just can't see building any of the high-level defensive buildings at all, ever, since saturation artillery renders them already obsolete by the time that the hardpoints could be built.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Have forward, stelthed cameras, built via scout and when you see SA's comming, you send out your air foce and you smash the arts before they can do ANYTHING!

That'll work!
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Untill they bring along a L2 AA tank or two. Really, that's all it takes to knock down even a large air force. Air attack may work the first time, but it won't work again.

That, and to have cameras in the first place means that you've had to have a stable front. Which usually means that the enemy artillery can sit in their own fortifications (if any) and wipe away your front line.
Last edited by Corbeau on 10 May 2006, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.
Flint

Post by Flint »

Corbeau wrote:
Zoombie wrote:As a test i made ten or so Saturation Artillery.

It's at least ten (more IMO), but also benefits from much greater range than L1 artillery (which isn't that great compared to L2 and L3 tanks). The problem is that I just can't see building any of the high-level defensive buildings at all, ever, since saturation artillery renders them already obsolete by the time that the hardpoints could be built.
It is still possible to have a good hardline defense, if thats what you want. The key is to station sat. artillary around the defensive lines to negate anyone elses attempt at artillary. That way by the time the enemy puts thier sat. artillary within range of yours, youve already been firing away . I have seen it done, not that Id advise it but its something to think about.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I guess that it *could* be done, but if I had the saturation artillery to do that I'd rather have used 'em to smash my opponent's face in.

I honestly don't mind units being better in general than static defenses, but I do worry a little when there doesn't seem to be any use to a large number of buildings in the game.

As far as I can tell, most static defenses are put up in haste by construction units as an attempt to stabilize a losing situation. It seems like the big stuff is too expensive to do that with, and while they are powerful they have the problems that we've been talking about.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Corbeau wrote:I guess that it *could* be done, but if I had the saturation artillery to do that I'd rather have used 'em to smash my opponent's face in.

I honestly don't mind units being better in general than static defenses, but I do worry a little when there doesn't seem to be any use to a large number of buildings in the game.

As far as I can tell, most static defenses are put up in haste by construction units as an attempt to stabilize a losing situation. It seems like the big stuff is too expensive to do that with, and while they are powerful they have the problems that we've been talking about.
actually, ideally, if you were urc you would just clock your l3 flamethrower mech, get close and roast him alive.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Heh. That reminds me, the BBQ is done.

But anyway, for whatever reason I haven't seen much URC play even with the new patch. Or if URC does play, the game is over quickly one way or the other. Could just be lack of sufficient test samples though.

Oh, and did anyone check out the film? I wouldn't mind a few tips to improve my gameplay, even if there's nothing more to be gained from it...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I find the URC is a very cool team, but its harder to use then the GD (At least i've noticed that).

but the URC can place several nukelear missles right off the enemys base, and if they don't have a navy...then on one would be any the wiser...

Something about that just creeps me out whenever there is even a little water in the map.
Flint

Post by Flint »

Corbeau wrote:I guess that it *could* be done, but if I had the saturation artillery to do that I'd rather have used 'em to smash my opponent's face in.

I find this statement to be typically very accurate. However Im not sure how that could be addressed.

Return to “Game Releases”