..:: New Map - Moon QX ::..

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

IceXuick

Post by IceXuick »

A moonmap yes! filled with craters and surrounded by a nice starry-skybox. The first version was released yesterday, but in the meantime i've fixed the starting locations (and the metal there) so that now there is enough room to build (and you aren't 'stuck' in a crater)

All thanks to Noize, which playtested it :!:

You can download the MoonQX duo map package (contains 2 maps, MoonQ10 & MoonQ20). They have a 10x10 and 20x10 size, so it should play right with 1vs1/2vs2 on Q10, and 2v2/3vs3 on Q20 (although it is designed for 4 players).

Download the map-package here:

:arrow: http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3115

Some ingame-screenshots of the first release. In this new QX version the metal patches in craters give more output, and therefor will look a little different from the normal ones, but to see that, you just have to download and play it :P

.MJJNL.

Post by .MJJNL. »

:shock: looks great well ill test it tonight really nice when i see the screens
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Thanks Looking forward to play on !
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

WOW! that looks awesome. Great work.

Ill play it later today
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

woot more IceXuick productions!
Again it looks lovely. I'll test it.

[Edit]
I've played a 1v1 against NOiZe on it.
The metal is great devided. a good balance between metal on the starting pos and metal to extend. Becouse the crators are climable, it's hard to defend on this map. But you can use the craters to build high defence.
Last edited by Zenka on 07 May 2006, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Just had a 1v1 with zenka on Q10

damn what a nice map, great work you done there!!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If I where the leader of a race fo robots on that moon I'd be more interested in the mininent natural disaster of being so close to the parent planet.

However the map looks amazing, I cant wait to try it out, good work!
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Ice, looks really really good.

A few bitches tho...

The craters look very man made (not that big of a deal tho).

On your gravel texture you should use an alpha mask and allow the actual terrain to show through. As it is it looks a little funky.

All in all very nice. I'll check your metal layout in a few minutes (running compiler=eats my machine:-)).
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

If I where the leader of a race fo robots on that moon I'd be more interested in the mininent natural disaster of being so close to the parent planet.
It's quite close but nothing to worry about. By current theories the Moon (Earth's one) would have formed a lot closer then that.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Ice, this is the worst map I have ever seen.

:roll:
IceXuick

Post by IceXuick »

thx for the fast and nice replies!

@forboding, i know what you mean, did that on other maps with blending modes, but on this map, i don't think it's really nessesary that the few little heigtchanges are seen below. Always things can be better, maybe on the next map :P. Thx for the review though !

@dragon: make a better one! should be hard if it's the worst ;)

thx peepz, i've gotta start on next map, but i dunno, due to the long nights im not feeling this great at the moment, so i just gonna go to bed for now.

Let me know if there needs something to be altered, as far as it concerns gameplay :)

ice out (litterally)
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Nice. Played a phew games on it. The 20x10 has a very comet catcher feel to it, but the ground still matters! (slighly>.>)

NEXT MAP SHOULD BE WATER MAP!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I AGREE WITH KIXXE!

We really don't have enough really good water maps, and with that new Dynamic water I'm getting all 'skwibily'
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

air torpedoes still don't work. and the water balance of all mods, XTA, AA and E&E is...questionable at the least
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

keep ontopic
Myg

Post by Myg »

This map plays decently, even on a 4 V 4. Looks a bit cartoony, but the effect works. I like it.

I personally wish to have another version of this map (for variety's sake), done with a "grand forest" theme, with stumps (can use same shape) instead of craters.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The maps brilliant played it with EE, worked flawlessly, looks good despite what some people have said.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Sorry, couldn't stop myself:

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I like it. It looks artificial, but that doesn't bother me, because it's not referring to anything, but is of its own style. Looks a bit like something out of a 60's scifi 8)

One of the reasons it looks a bit artificial, if you are seeking to make a moon map look more realistic (not that it needs it), is that it is a very stylised version of a moon. It has a couple of very big craters, and that is it. Real moon surfaces are completely pockmarked with craters ranging from the enormous to the tiny. Also, they are covered in rifts and chasms, and all sorts of other non-crater obstructions and height variations.
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

ZOMG BEARS!

Return to “Map Releases”