Arm and Core logos - Page 3

Arm and Core logos

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

i'll settle this now. stop flaming. everyone: if its so bad you can't make out the words anyway, you may make fun. alantai: i know you are a power poster and checking your work lowers your productivity, but put in a few seconds to reread what you wrote
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

ah who craes aobut seplnig
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Isnt it odd how all the I's have had apostrophes placed around them in posts where I dont use apostrophes? Infact I usually just use them for things such as 'sarcastic remarks' type comments

And so I pinot you all to a pecie of rscreaeh taht sattes taht hunams raed wrdos not by tehir ctonents but by the fsirt and lsat lteter and how lnog it is, so my psots are awlays redablae!
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

:x HAY THATS WHAT I WAS HIGHLIGHTING. i think i may have a thing for T'Pol
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

lol well you should ahve said straight out.

T'Pol?
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

On the other hand some of us deilexic foke can't read that nonsense at all, hell its bad enough trying to read normal words... so speel it right!

...and forgive my mistakes...

aGorm
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

forgive mine too
Warlord

Post by Warlord »

ImageImage
Neuralize

Re: Arm and Core logos

Post by Neuralize »

jouninkomiko wrote:How about some logos for arm and core? Multiple sizes would work, but the one I'm looking for is to be put into the battle room... 25x25. Original ones would be cool :-D
Duur.
amekkawi

Post by amekkawi »

everyone: if its so bad you can't make out the words anyway, you may make fun.
Sounds fine to me. Now that you mention it, I don't have any problem with missing apostrophes or misspelled words. The real killer is when someone leaves out critical punctuation or does not take the effort to make sure the way they phrased something will make sense to the readers.

Otherwise, misspellings like "teh" and "peice" don't matter for the majority of us since we're used to it. Hell, I can easily read a sentence like "I went to teh stoer and boughts omef ood."

But if it's "Hel I wnt 2 teh stor n bot som food it was good my gf wanted sum I didnt hav enuf so she got pissed thats cool tho she can do whatevr anyway pez out" then we have some problems. :|
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

so, wehn i m bilding the guyss and their like j00 teh bo0m goya devron loaf¿
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

Where have I seen that sentence before? And is it just more, or is this completely derailed now?
Gurkha

Post by Gurkha »

I'm not sure of the gist of some other people's posts, but would it be an idea to display a 3d graphic rather than an image file? then it could be spun and things, just to have some eyecandy (and without relying on animated gifs, or MNG's). They could be made up of several parts like a unit which could be scripted to move around seperately too.

You could also then just scale the model up and display it while loading doing all sort of fun things, it could be constructed as a 'progress meter' for the loading process.

Any idea how much unlike the original logos the new ones would have to be to be able to confidently tell Atari to shut up and sit down? Would anything that uses the same sort of shape be considered a derivative work?

All the logos currently posted look cool, BTW.

-Gurkha
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

We would need totally new logos. From what i know of US law which is probs what they'd use, you could change it past 50% and it would no longer be the original work but a deritive work, but they could still claim rights over your derived work just as you then ahve the rights to do the same to derived work of your own derived work.

The simplest possible design for the arm and core logos that can still be recognised are the shapes. As long as you keep the shapes recognisable then you're breaching copyright and Atari can sue.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Alantai Firestar wrote:From what i know of US law which is probs what they'd use ...
But, we (at least many of us, including game makers) are not in USA. The site isn't even beeing hosted there...

These confusions with laws is something that i find hard to understand since many coutries have diferent laws.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Well I thought I'd at least say what i knew. I'll ahve to look into european law. Besides it alld epends on the EULA for TA, soemoen will ahve to look through and see where ti says as to which countries laws apply or si there an international law that applies? =s
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Hah. They cant do anything unless they wanna sue mathamatitians :P for my stuff anyways. One of my side icons is origionally based on the arm logo, but involves 3 sets of mathmatical symbols :)

<> ~ ()

Tip the () on their side and put them inside the <>

Then place the ~ between em :)

(.)(.)
\_|_/

^^^^

That is a smiling face, and anyone who thinks different has a dirty mind :P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

f I'm not mistaken I own the rights to the latter B, all further instances fo th letter B on this forum will incur a 5 pence charge, or cents if your a eurozone/dollar currency country.

This forums sorta staganated. Why cant the SY's be bloodthirsty for art!
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

No alantai, you own the rights to the letters A and F. Not a and f, only the capitalised forms.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Aha but you forget I am the many named person and one of my major names is Bluestar (also a beer somewhere). And I'll just nip in my tardis and claim he rights to that before you where born pfft

Return to “Art & Modelling”