units jam at exit from factories, .70b3

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Pic says all:

mongus

Post by mongus »

No it doesnt.

what mod is that?

there are units outside of the labs i can see.

And spring has had trouble with units coming out of the labs since forever.

To solve that, the first exit point you give to a lab, must be a direct straight line out of the factory doors, a short distance.

After that, you can specify the final move point.

As a matter of fact, this could be automated.. ..

so you give any move order out of the lab, like in the kbot lab in your picture at the left, but the units does allways recieve a short "move out of the lab" order before executing any other move order given to the lab.
Chocapic

Post by Chocapic »

mongus is right, it has allways been a good pratice to insert free path's waypoints queued on the plants to avoid such colisions on the units and things of the such.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

mongus wrote:so you give any move order out of the lab, like in the kbot lab in your picture at the left, but the units does allways recieve a short "move out of the lab" order before executing any other move order given to the lab.
Isn't that what OTA did?

I've had this problem with AA too. It isn't just that units get confused about how they should move out. They can get stuck and be completely unable to escape from the factory short of being self-destructed or airlifted out. They can also get stuck on trees and wreckage this way, and be unable to escape until the trees/wreckage are reclaimed.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

mod is AA 1.44, pardon me for not telling.

I know how can u awoid this by manully creating waypoints, but then on 1v1 top player have some advantage over bottom.

Well its not like huge bug, but it can still cost u a game if u dont notice it.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

may I suggest you compare b3 with b2?
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Why cant the factories just automatically st the first waypoint ot be right outside of the factories and save everyone pain and grief? >_>

Or fix the damn pathfinding :P
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Dragon45 wrote:Why cant the factories just automatically st the first waypoint ot be right outside of the factories and save everyone pain and grief? >_>
Doesn't it already? However, if you manually set waypoints you override that first one.
mongus

Post by mongus »

Kuroneko wrote:
Dragon45 wrote:Why cant the factories just automatically st the first waypoint ot be right outside of the factories and save everyone pain and grief? >_>
Doesn't it already? However, if you manually set waypoints you override that first one.
Thats the idea, not to override the first "out of the lab" waypoint. After that move order is taken, then follow all the others you gave.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Tobi wrote:may I suggest you compare b3 with b2?
Still happened in B2.

The big problem is when you have a bunch of units and their factory in a group. (So new units get auto-assigned) Then any order you give to the units is going to be given to the factory as well, so you have to be very careful when maneuvering them.

It would be very convenient if factories could be made to automatically insert an "exit factory" waypoint at the start of any default order chain for the units they produce.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

In a other thread Tobi wrote:I won't fix it until I experience it myself and can reproduce it easily. And it definitely isn't in it's worst state ever in b3 -- that was in b2. I have run tests with .cheat .nocost, 1 factory and not one single unit gets stuck in the factory.
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

do like OTA, set a series of waypoints to the destination... make a PATH out of the buildings, factories, base, defenses, etc... and RUN THEM ON THE PATH!!..

:roll:

:sigh:... no more "units get crammed up" ... " bla bla bla" ... BULLCRAP!....

its called strategy and micromanagement... if you can't micromanage 2 or 3 clicks instead of 1... you should be shot...
Chocapic

Post by Chocapic »

true, however there are some strange behaviours that ive noticed since 70b1:
sometimes when setting the very first waypoint at the very factory exit to avoid collisions it gives me a cant move error for every each unit getting out of the factory thus leading to really bad unit colisions and error spam!
note: the distance of the first way point is sometimes relevant to this (by setting it closer erases this problem) but sometimes it really isnt, it does allways spam that error, and cramps my game(and my units keep hitting on each other with cant move errors at the front of the plant).
Aun

Post by Aun »

Egarwaen wrote: It would be very convenient if factories could be made to automatically insert an "exit factory" waypoint at the start of any default order chain for the units they produce.
What if the factory has the the top open, like the lvl1 kbot factorys?
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

then you fix the pathfinding code :P, which solves the problems with ALL factories.
Lathan, people should not have to spell out such menial things as how units should exit from a factory. Don't call setting a friggin' waypoint out of the factory before having units go anywhere else 'strategy' or 'micro skills', it is at best an inconvenience and for many people it is a fault in the game.
mongus

Post by mongus »

Aun wrote:What if the factory has the the top open, like the lvl1 kbot factorys?
well that is in the detail section, but the direction in which your first waypoint is given can determine that.

There is also something the first post mentions, and is units getting stuck "under" or "in middle" of something.

In a game .. in .70b2 an enemy bulldog tank got stuck insinde a energy storage i had.. O_O

ask.. hm.. fobbah.

Once my commander got stuck under a windmill O_ô and he could continue its queue.

So there is deffinetly something else happening..

As for the screenshot.. i got that same error (a flash stuck in a lab) 2 times in .70b2. Yet to happen in .70b3.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Aun wrote:What if the factory has the the top open, like the lvl1 kbot factorys?
They can still get stuck, but never permanently. The waypoint could be set on either side, based on where the other waypoints are.
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

its been this way for NINE! YEARS!, get over it, get used to it, and stop having problems with it...

they work PERFECTLY fine for me... :roll:
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

LathanStanley wrote:its been this way for NINE! YEARS!, get over it, get used to it, and stop having problems with it...
If I'm not mistaken, OTA units got an "exit factory" waypoint. At the very least, I can't remember them ever getting stuck the way Flashes and Instigators can now.
patmo98

Post by patmo98 »

If I'm not mistaken, OTA units got an "exit factory" waypoint.[/quote]
They had a defualt waypoint that would do this IF you hadn't assigned a diffierent one.

Return to “Help & Bugs”