Treat Official Spring fairly

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Although nothing can undo the harm that was done to our community. The following steps need to happen to treat us fairly like everyone else.

1. All BAR devs need to resign their admin from Spring forum. So they can no longer use it to unfairly ban users and developers from their own games. Including beherith, gajop, bluestone.

2. All BAR devs need to resign their admin from Spring official server. So they no longer have the power to use botflags to harm other mods. Including beherith, bluestone and floris.

3. All BAR devs need to resign their admin from Spring discord. As they no longer use the official Spring engine. It should be transferred to the remaining users of the official engine. Including Gajop and forboding angel.

4. The 3do2s3o.lua tool to convert models to the new engine format needs to be released publicly as Beherith agreed. Community engine tools should not be used to privately gatekeep mods and play favourites based on Beheriths personal grudges.

5. Unban the BA developer from BAR

I may have forgotten some points so please add your suggestions for what steps BAR should take to undo the damage or join the conversation on BA discord where they cannot ban you. https://discord.gg/TsKD2HrjGH
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Re: Treat Official Spring fairly

Post by raaar »

Arguably the drama you and other people kept reviving has done way more damage than the original decisions that triggered it...

Many others, including the people you're trying to restrict, are also part of "official spring" given the history.
I disagree with 1, 2, 3. Their involvement on communities that split from the official server doesn't disqualify them from being here.

4,5 would be nice but imo it's up to them.
(reviving the hostility with threads like these is NOT HELPFUL)
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Since planning to swap to BAR engine you are no longer neutral and have begun randomly praising BAR in addition to speaking out against opposing voices. You have to do this to get special treatment and receive secret scripts such as 3do2s3o.lua that is used to gatekeep other mods from updating to the new engine and for fear of facing reprisals of your own.

These are the same people who banned the last user of the BA forum SaturnV, just for having a different opinion. There is no drama, it is our duty to defend the official Spring project the same way mando defended us.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

Ares wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 20:30 Since planning to swap to BAR engine you are no longer neutral and have begun randomly praising BAR in addition to speaking out against opposing voices. You have to do this to get special treatment and receive secret scripts such as 3do2s3o.lua that is used to gatekeep other mods from updating to the new engine and for fear of facing reprisals of your own.
What I am afraid of is threads like this that give people the wrong impression about this community, which is also why I post here. I bet only a minority shares your opinion on this.

And the 3do models still load on the latest BAR105 engine build (here)
Ares wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 20:30 These are the same people who banned the last user of the BA forum SaturnV, just for having a different opinion. There is no drama, it is our duty to defend the official Spring project the same way mando defended us.
I'm not in the mood to dive into old threads, but disagree about your assessment of what happened with SaturnV.....and mando was very rude to people on the official server a lot of the time and tried to get them to move to his server instead.

Return to “Ingame Community”