[misc] springfiles.com maintenance

Happenin' news on what is happening in the community. Content releases, new tutorials, other cool stuff.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

the frontend of springfiles.com wasn't maintained for a way to long time: it contained a lot of security holes, bugs, etc. Thanks to raaar it now has a new and very lightweight frontend.

The old springfiles.com is still available at a new location and was made read only: it will be removed at some point.

Some work still needs to be done , but for now it should be working and allow map and game uploads again with hopefully less problems and bugs.
Silentwings

Re: [misc] springfiles.com maintenance

Post by Silentwings »

Could the new SF frontend display the authors/uploaders of content please? And have a page to see all content associated to a given author?

For some content the licenses want that the author is made clear - and our GDPR compliance requires that we can associate hosted content to its uploaders/authors. My bigger interest is that searching by author is the best way to discover good maps hidden within the archives.

I guess in the long run uploading should be tied to a lobby account via xmlrpc.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I like it very much, thank you raaar for spicing it up. It would indeed be very nice to have the description and author tags, and I also like Silentwingses method of navigating an author (its how I search for gems too).
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

I'll try to do another PR with improvements soon.

Some fields that'd be useful to have and show would be
- description
- authors
- uploader name (may not be the author)
- thumbnail

As far as i know only the map results have images, i've put a fallback thumbnail for games and engine versions.

I think these fields are missing from the result data and may be missing from the DB itself atm
(https://github.com/spring/upq/blob/mast ... search.inc)

There's also the issue about rapid entries without the sdz being hidden on the api:
https://github.com/spring/upq/issues/61

I could perhaps modify the result details view to get data from a buildbot link (scraping) and add in an sdz link for the latest few versions (I think it keeps the latest 3), but that'd require them to show in the results properly in the first place.
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

There is no way to navigate the lists/search results? ("next page" etc)
Not done yet or bug?

Also filesize would be more readable in MB.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

The server-side code would need to reply with all matches not just the top 10. Atm one can narrow down the search by adding more key words and using "*". Perhaps the client side code should replace spaces with "*".

I agree with the "size in MB" too.

PR "soon".
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

I've made a PR with a few changes.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Springfiles.com seems to be down, for a couple of days now :'( Thanks for looking into it!

Return to “Community Blog”