Github owner status needed to change BA team and logo

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

This is MasterBels pull request to commit all work done since 9.46. The work done in the past 2 years is more than all collective contributions since BA github began in 2015. https://github.com/Balanced-Annihilatio ... n/pull/163

This satisfies your desire to see code & progress Bluestone. Now transfer the BA repo to MasterBel or myself so we can develop BA effectively.

Attachments
bel.png
(87.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Ares on 11 Sep 2020, 05:51, edited 5 times in total.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Re: owner status needed to change BA team and logo

Post by dansan »

Not saying that MasterBel didn't do a lot of work - he did!
But the statistic is not worth much, as every single file of BA was recommited multiple times without doing much work on it.
See commit Update to 9.70 [2/4] Probably whitespace changes: 34,609 additions and 34,608 deletions which are 99% white space changes (removing trailing spaces and such).
Another commit is interesting, as it is again 99% white space changes (convert tabs to spaces) but also removes the first 3-5 characters from each file (and thus breaks the code of all files): Merged Update with currently played version Changes line: +62,099 −41,343 and then the code was fixed later resulting in another 14,437 additions and 14,424 deletions ^.^
Ares: Please don't try to use false statistics.
Nevertheless it is cool to bring the BA repo up to date - thanks MasterBel for your work!
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

dansan wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 09:06 convert tabs to spaces
You monsters :shock:
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

dansan wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 09:06 Not saying that MasterBel didn't do a lot of work - he did!
Yeah, it was 2 painful days of trying to interpret code I'm not super familiar with.
But I'll reiterate here to make it clear, I did not write any of this code – I just made sure the changes were present on GitHub.

I'll also go on record saying I don't want ownership or write permissions to the BA repo, at least for the time being.
Ares

Post by Ares »

I need to change the logo and add team members.

Dansan not sure why you want to minimise two years of hard work but if you actually look at the code you would notice every texture, unitscript and model has been updated. The magnitude of those changes is not captured by something as simple as skimming through a Github graph. The difference is obvious for people who actually play instead of spending their time counting lines of whitespace.
Last edited by Ares on 03 Sep 2020, 09:21, edited 2 times in total.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

@Masterbel: That is quite some effort, thank you - I hope Ares & others find it useful. It does seem to confirm, again, that a repo/commit log of who did what work when to BA9.70+11 doesn't exist.

In any case, as said in great detail, I am interested to see what happens in the future, more than the past.

@Ares:
1) You should be able to add new team members yourself, which grants them commit access. https://github.com/orgs/Balanced-Annihi ... ams/ba-dev
2) Please attach a prefered logo to an issue on the tracker, if needed.
There is no need to notify me here of any activity/contact on github, I am notified automatically by github.
Ares

Re: permission needed to change BA Github team and logo

Post by Ares »

Bluestone you banned BA, why would I want you as the middle man every time I want to do something as simple as changing the logo or adding a team mate?
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Ares wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 09:09 … the middle man … [for] adding a team mate?
Silentwings wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 08:15 @Ares:
You should be able to add new team members yourself, which grants them commit access. https://github.com/orgs/Balanced-Annihi ... ams/ba-dev
Ares

Re: permission needed to change BA Github team and logo

Post by Ares »

Yes Bel, my complaint is that Bluestone is neither a player or developer on this project and is creating a barrier to progress.

To prevent BA from progressing BAR team gave Bluestone ownership of BA github when they forked to BAR. The BAR burnt earth policy included: taking down the BA website, getting Bluestone to ban BA and giving BA github to Bluestone.

The BA github shouldn't be owned by person who banned BA for the past 3 years.

Attachments
flob.png
(14.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
trifart.png
(27.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MasterBel

Re: Github owner status needed to change BA team and logo

Post by MasterBel »

Bluestone has removed all obstacles to progress, except maybe just the repository icon. But that's ok, that's not super important.

He's also provided you with a path forward towards developing the trustworthiness required for him to be o.k. with giving you the repository. The more you resist, the less trust you have, and the harder it will be for you to rebuild that.
So if anyone's standing in your way, Ares, it's you.

P.S. Triton doesn't represent Bluestone, and neither does Forb.
P.P.S. Both quotes are out of context anyway. Both people didn't want to kill BA, even if they didn't want it to survive. (Both helped out even !)
P.P.P.S. Saying 103 needs to die is quite honestly true – it's a seriously out of date version. Just because we choose to play BA on 103 doesn't mean that saying 103 needs to die also means BA needs to die. They're separate things.
Ares

Post by Ares »

The BA github shouldn't be owned by person who banned BA for the past 3 years.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Enough.

Future attempts of this kind of spam will result in long-term bans.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”