Forgotten password to old account

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

F1ll3r

Post by F1ll3r »

Hi together,

havend played in a while. Just got a new PC.. and wantet to try it our again.
But I forgot my old user password. Can someone help me with that?

The username is F1ll3r

I already ask in the lobby an admin, but he didn't know how to reset it

Thank you :)
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Forgotten password to old account

Post by FLOZi »

noob lobby admin was me so someone be a dear and educate me :oops:
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Yeah thanks Peet, not remotely helpful.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

The part I don't get is, if you know the answer, why would you not just give the answer?

It seems as though you think that you're leading someone into a grand path of discovery, when in reality, you're just being a cock.

All this is hinging on the "if". Conversely if you're not sure what the answer is and you're just trying to point at parts that are helpful, it isn't too much to ask that you state your intention lest you come out of the exchange looking like a jerk.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

:roll:

The functionality was removed a year ago and replaced with something that does not work.

I am withholding my opinion on this state of affairs.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Why was CHANGEACCOUNTPASS removed in the same commit that added the email things?

Unrelated, when will email verification start working? New SL (with email support) can't be released because it is going to confuse the hell out of users as the verification code never arrives.

I think the whole emails thing would be better served with a nice VPN ban. It is probably going to dissuade many people from signing up and won't actually work for banning mandos.
F1ll3r

Post by F1ll3r »

I asked the developers in this github ticket about the reset process for passwords.

[..]
lobby moderators can reset a users password and have a new randomly generated password sent by email (using RESETUSERPASSWORD)

if the user did not register an email address then the lobby moderator can also specify the email address, provided they are confident of the users claimed identity
[..]

https://github.com/spring/uberserver/issues/353

Regards the questions "..when will email verification start working?" as far as I can see with this pulllrequest merged and the server restart it should work now.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

password recovery by email is still disabled, but it seems that its implemented and only a lobby server restart is left:

https://github.com/spring/uberserver/is ... -565842555

can't say when it will happen as the lobby server update didn't work this fluid: hopefully "soon" password recovery by email will be enabled.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@F1ll3r:

you should have received a mail with password reset instructions/info at least.
F1ll3r

Post by F1ll3r »

Hello Abma,

thank you for your respont. I was away during christmas and newyear.

I had a look into my mailbox.

The only thing I received was this mail.
Sadly there where no instructions what to do with the verification code :( (and its expired now anyway)

You are recieving this email because you recently registered an account on the SpringRTS lobbyserver. Your email verification code is XXXX

This verification code will expire on 2019-12-19 at 10:53 CET.

If you received this message in error, please contact us at www.springrts.com. Direct replies to this message will be automatically deleted.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

That email is simply an account registration, it has nothing to do with anything abma did to reset your pw.

I have sent you another password reset email.
gavrk

Post by gavrk »

Silentwings wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 18:59 That email is simply an account registration, it has nothing to do with anything abma did to reset your pw.

I have sent you another password reset email.
I just got registered and received the e-mail with verification code. Also without any instructions. I'm seemingly able to log in, but server list, game list etc. are empty - probably, because the verification is not completed, but I can't find any information regarding this...
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

@gavrk:

According to server logs, you registered your account but you haven't ever tried to log in with it. Unfortunately, you were detected as trying to register your account over a VPN, which means you will have to wait 24h after registration before you can log in anyway - you will be sent an error message saying this, if you try it sooner.

If you still think something is wrong, please state which client software you're using (e.g. SpringLobby, Chobby, NOTAlobby, etc) and ideally provide its logfile (e.g. https://springrts.com/wiki/Springlobby.log)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

What .. what happened to the causality of this?

Return to “Help & Bugs”