UBERSERVER

UBERSERVER

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

ICE

UBERSERVER

Post by ICE »

How do I pop SpringLobby into my own game interface?
To have rooms, etc.
Like in Zero-K.
Me need at least one very simple example where i can understand the logic of creating a server, rooms, etc. inside the game itself.
And any other useful information, including the logic itself.
Thank!
MasterBel

Re: UBERSERVER

Post by MasterBel »

Due to a lack of other people responding…
ICE wrote:How do I pop SpringLobby into my own game interface?
This isn't the right way to go about this. SL is a standalone application and isn't meant to run in your game.

What you want is a Lua menu. Something like Chobby. (Except Chobby is probably a) overkill b) doing your job for you).

Chobby is a run-in-engine lobby client, written in Lua. (that's about all I know.) It connects to the Uberserver which allows h

How much have you used SpringLobby, by the way?

I don't have much Lua experience, but I've got a fair amount of lobby dev experience, so if you have any questions or want any pointers, I'd love to help where I can. Other people such as Gajop and Silentwings have more Chobby/lua menu experience.

Have you joined the Spring discord/IRC? The most used channels are bridged between them. #springlobby on the Irc isn't bridged to Discord, though.
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Uhhh… I can't find a scrap of documentation on Lua menus, am I blind, or is it not there?
There were some LD projects that made use of Lua menus iirc, where could I find one?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

LuaMenu is documented in the same way as all other Lua states - the index of which states have which access/functionality/stuff is https://springrts.com/wiki/Lua:Environments, and the global list of all available lua stuff is https://springrts.com/wiki/Lua:Main

All LD projects are at https://github.com/SpringCabal
gajop

Post by gajop »

No LD games used LuaMenu
ICE

Post by ICE »

I'm interested in how to make my game have a beautiful Lobby.
For example, if I have an interface.
How to set logic so that everything works (namely Lobby inside the game)?
Chobby interested me, but I see no instructions on how to use it, nor documentation.
http://i.imgur.com/i257BZI.jpg
Client-> Lua_Lobby - deprecated.
Another question, if there is any standard way to make a chat?
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Sorry for taking a while to get back to this – I haven't forgotten, still working on it.

Have you worked out anything on your own, yet? Also, what kind of time limit do you have? I'm rather busy for the next few days, and since a couple haven't had much spare brain power, unfortunately. But I'm working on it!

But seriously – look at Chobby and learn. Chobby is a standard lobby implementation, just inside SpringRTS. If you build your own thing, strip out everything you don't need – Chobby is way overfeatured for what you want to do. And if you're curious how the current lobby systems work, check out this page – and do have a look at the lobby protocol if you're wanting to know what's required for chat. For bare minimum chat only you'll probably just have to be able to handle the TASSERVER, LOGIN, REGISTER, SAID, SAIDPRIVATE commands, for the bare minimum. If you want to be fully up-to-date with the current protocol, add in the SAIDFROM command, that's all I know off the top of my head.

Hoping someone can give some more pointers here, and hopefully they beat me to it?

Return to “Help & Bugs”