Balanced Annihilation Metal Extractor Area Command?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

jberries

Post by jberries »

After taking a long break from BA, I have got back into the game (build v10.24) with SpringLobby. I have spent ages trying to work out how to do the area command that lets you build metal extractors a with a click drag. So you can select an area and let your commander build metal extractors - one per metal deposit.
Can't get it to work - tried combinations of Shift/Ctrl/Alt and left and right mouse clicking and dragging. Grrrrrr nothing. Anyone able to help me?
Many thanks
Google_Frog

Re: Balanced Annihilation Metal Extractor Area Command?

Post by Google_Frog »

I don't know how well BA is packaged. It may include the widget but have it disabled by default. Maybe the widget was enabled by default and subsequently broke. Maybe the widget has never been in the game and was always added by people running it locally. The area mex widget appears to be in BAR (and I don't have a BA repository to check).

You can try to get the widget from the source and get it to work: https://springfiles.com/spring/lua-scripts/area-mex
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

That version of area mex is ancient.

https://github.com/Spring-Helper-Projects/Lua-Mex
Is the most recent (that I am aware of) and flexible
jberries

Post by jberries »

Ok thanks a lot for the above information. I have been doing a bit of research on Widgets etc. Looks like cmd_area_mex.lua is in BA and looks like you might have written it Google_frog ages ago. By default it is enabled in the F11 widgets - but I can't seem to get it to work. I haven't worked out how to debug widgets it yet and what button triggers the usage of it.
Thanks Angel - good info, I will look into how to install widgets and enable them.
Thanks again

Return to “General Discussion”