SpringRTS development with gajop

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

gajop

Post by gajop »

I'm excited to announce my new SpringRTS development Twitch channel!

Topics: SpringRTS related development, including engine, Springboard, infrastructure, etc.
Purpose: Providing a view into my development process and perspective. Hopefully with a two way real time discussion.
Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/gajop
When: Every Sunday in Japan Standard Time (possibly late Saturday for some timezones).

Next stream I am going to cover extending Spring's Lua interface with vector and matrix support.
gajop

Re: SpringRTS development with gajop

Post by gajop »

Video: Link expired
Content: A bit of a slow start as I was waking up with some meta-programming :oops: , but I did manage to create something more presentable in the end, by actually using a very hacky version of my vector API to set the heightmap.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Video: Link expired.
Content: More work on the numlua API, introduction of the hunter package manager and Eigen library.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Video: Link expired.
Content: Mostly numlua work and some project planning. Seems Twitch deletes older videos so the first video is already lost - I don't know if I want to fix that.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Ohh, you have the make a highlight of the entire video. Tbh I would say that it makes more sense in a way to stream to youtube. You can actually stream to both using restream.io for free.

But yeah, twitch asplodes vids pretty quickly. I forgot about that otherwise I would have spoken up sooner, sorry about that.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Forboding Angel wrote:Ohh, you have the make a highlight of the entire video. Tbh I would say that it makes more sense in a way to stream to youtube. You can actually stream to both using restream.io for free.

But yeah, twitch asplodes vids pretty quickly. I forgot about that otherwise I would have spoken up sooner, sorry about that.
I see, thanks! I'm not yet sure if I want to upload it to YouTube, I was hoping I can keep that separate for higher quality videos. Do you think it's worth keeping these for 2+ weeks?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Well at least the Plattform does not demonize you like liveedu.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

uh.. I wanted to watch it later :-) Was very busy these days.
gajop

Post by gajop »

27.07.2018 (technically 28.07.2018 as I started a bit late)

Content: CMake cleanup and exploration of the -fPIC issue that comes with Hunter. Extension of the NumLua API and using it for VBO creation.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Content: Talk about my previous attempts at making a good Spring distribution system, and my current direction. Not much coding - but some showcasing of previously written code. Planning the next Ludum Dare.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Gajop!! Congrats!! on the twitch channel wish you all the Best bro!
gajop

Post by gajop »

Senna wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 06:27 Gajop!! Congrats!! on the twitch channel wish you all the Best bro!
Thanks :) Please feel free to drop by and share your thoughts ^^
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Next video topic could be "porting a user-submitted GLSL shader to Spring".
I'd be the "user-submitter", of course :wink:
gajop

Post by gajop »

Next video will be done during Ludum Dare and if all goes well, it'll showcase a half finished game.

That said, feature request accepted! When I believe I'm ready to tackle it, I'll announce it here
beforehand.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Notice: the timing for the next stream is going to be shifted to a bit later in the day. No specific time chosen yet, as I plan to pick one which best serves LD development.
Unfortunately, didn't have time to do a stream during the LD. Maybe next time >_>
gajop

Post by gajop »

Content: Been a while since I did a stream, and this one was during a different time too (I guess the time will continue to be less consistent - but I will aim to keep doing it on Sundays). The content this time was my current project, the Electron based Spring Launcher. I predict it will keep me occupied for a couple of weeks to come.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Content: Showing some spring-launcher app progress and talk about how I want to use it in the infra. Coding a lil bit.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/322555461
Content: It's been a while since the last video. This time I make a short introduction for a newly created tool: springmon

Return to “Engine”