News: BA 10.03 End-game rules, bugfixes and adjustments

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

News posts from the BA website are going to be put here. Consider subscribing too, to get updates via email.

Follow the post:

BA 10.03 End-game rules, bugfixes and adjustments

Previous news:
very_bad_soldier

Re: News: BA 10.03 End-game rules, bugfixes and adjustments

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Com rules were inconsistent between different game modes (team vs ffa). Now com rules are inconsistent within a single game. Does not feel like an improvement.
PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

So, would you prefer team games result to be decided by the location on the map at which two last coms blow up like before, or you have some better idea?
very_bad_soldier

Currently, in team games, the outcome of a lastcom vs lastcom fight isn't dependant on "who is killed first" or "what weapon was used" but merely on a distance calculation between an allyteam's last comm and this allyteam's further unit (from the blow).
The team with the highest distance (due to a delay in the explosions and deaths of all team units) will get the win.
You are refering to this, right? I honestly consider this a quite theoretical scenario as I cannot remember that I have seen this happening in real-life. Hence I don't see it as a problem worth changing team games com rules.
Anyway, why not make it a draw when last two coms die at the same time? I thought it was like that in the last years.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

When Doo asked peoples' opinions about this no one supported it but he went ahead and implemented it anyway, standard.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

No one supported it? How do you know? We are like 20-30 active players/devs discussing things everyday on discord. You are all welcom, and if you have a better tool than discord, feel free t
o share.
very_bad_soldier

Developers do not use Discord because it is far from suitable for such things (I can say as a developer). It's a gamer chatroom. Anyway, every BA balance discussion we have trying to be constructive is ended by someone joining and turning it into an offtopic Discord discussion. So we can just stop this.

Split discussion of developing with discord to viewtopic.php?f=44&t=36668 (Silentwings)
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

very_bad_soldier wrote:
Anyway, why not make it a draw when last two coms die at the same time? I thought it was like that in the last years.
Draw seems fine by me.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I tried to use the search function on discord to locate discussion of the commander ends changes, and was not able to find it. Link please?
We are like 20-30 active players/devs discussing things everyday on discord.
Link to this too, please, if it really happens?

I did a quick by-eye count on discord in #balance_testing_talk for the past two weeks, during which only 8 users said anything at all, only 5 spoke more than three times (and 4 of these were BA developers). A few more in #main, but still mostly the same people. Would be curious to see how a discussion with so many players looks.

Split request for info to viewtopic.php?f=44&t=36667 (Silentwings)
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Do you realize this change is very small? for now it affected 0 game, and we might have 1000 more games before it affect a single one.
I am glad that this discussion happenned on discord fast on dev/pm and voice chat, instead of wasting so much time here.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

The real BIG change that could be discussed is the Medium tanks change, do people who actually play the game have something to say about it?

Also my feeling is that medium tanks nerf could be that they would take more dmg form units dying very close to them, I mean when people do poor micro and have big ball of unit. It could be punished more, like with medium tanks damaging others medium tanks close to them a bit more. Discussion is welcom on this. We tried lot of different ways to make big ball of units less an issue, but it still is, if you ask me.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”