No commanders spawning

No commanders spawning

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

SeveringAcid

No commanders spawning

Post by SeveringAcid »

I'm running into a bug where the commanders are not spawning at all. It looks like a number of other people on here have also run into the problem as well. Not sure if this is a BA error or a Spring one.

Spring version 104.0
Game: Balanced Annihilation

Infolog.txt: http://paste.springfiles.com/view/36734459

I have tried installing the game from scratch by installing the engine manually and downloading BA and running Spring.exe by launching with the test button, as well as downloading Spring Lobby and trying to run though that. I have tired all of the AIs and that makes no difference.

Interestingly I can get the game to work on exactly one map: DesertSiege_v2b. It works on no other map that I have tried. I have tried Altored_Artic, DeltaSiegeDry, Dworld Acidic, FolsomDamFinal, Tabula-v2b and Throne v5. I can reproduce the problem on demand.

Let me know if there is anything else that you need to help track down this problem.
Silentwings

Re: No commanders spawning

Post by Silentwings »

[f=-000001] [PreGame::AddGameSetupArchivesToVFS] using game: Balanced Annihilation V9.46 (archive: ba-v9.46.sdz)
BA has not released a stable version compatible with 104 - see viewtopic.php?f=44&t=36503
SeveringAcid

Post by SeveringAcid »

That was indeed the problem, I can get it working with 103.

Shame there isn't a noob friendly guide to this.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

SeveringAcid wrote:That was indeed the problem, I can get it working with 103.

Shame there isn't a noob friendly guide to this.
Shame that you can't see what others are playing and on which engine they are doing so by taking a look at the battlelist. OH WAIT.

It is also a shame that you can't get a compatible combination just by joining one of the non-testing rooms. OH WAIT. Now, instead of doing this, you probably wasted a ton of time retrieving the engine+map+game combo manually.
hokomoko
Spring Developer

Post by hokomoko »

Thinksome, don't be a dick. OH WAIT.
I should probably get warned for this, sorry mods
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

There should be a provision to specify compatible engine versions within the mod specification. That way, players can at least be warned if they are running an incompatible / untested combination.

Second best option to not having this confusing problem in the first place (BA specific lobby / engine packaging and distribution on its own website, ala Zero-K).
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

REVENGE wrote:There should be a provision to specify compatible engine versions within the mod specification. That way, players can at least be warned if they are running an incompatible / untested combination.
I know this exists in PA, I thought it existed in BA aswell? Maybe there's an error with it in 9.46? I'll pop a messagee in the discord about this.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

It exists, but unfortunately it marks 9.46 as compatible with 104 and doesn't print a warning message. https://github.com/Balanced-Annihilatio ... arning.lua

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”