OverKillHost1 Moderator Feedback - ADOLF

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

Hello

Please could players provide an honest opinion regarding ADOLF and his impact on the OverHillHost1 server/s. Positive or negative.

This way shockwave who owns the server can get a fair overview instead of me just whinging in his ear.

I have personally seen him abuse moderator power repeatedly, call people the n word, and generally bring a lot of trouble to the Overkill servers. Many other people have also had enough of him abusing moderator powers but nothing has changed for many months.

I acknowledge the fact I'm widely disliked and I hate the guy for how he behaves, so it would be good to get some unbiased feedback. I have no issue with being wrong, maybe the overall population think he's cool and it's me with the issue. In which case I apologise.

Here is a 9 minute replay which is worth watching where he kicked and banned me permanently for doing nothing.
https://ufile.io/0nyuo
sprunk

Re: OverKillHost1 Moderator Feedback - ADOLF

Post by sprunk »

I don't know the guy but his name itself raises more red flags than 1956 China.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Yes, he has no problem slinging around racism and being a massive problem. He has no business being a host moderator, but I doubt that anything is likely to change.
Floris

Post by Floris »

Isnt adolf the host admin? Not just a moderator? I think he just made it look like ShockWave is the admin. Dunno.

Watched the demo and the ban/kick is not a legit one indeed, instigated with frustration of losing the golly he made cause Sausage's (BadgerMyBadger) leveler was too late to save it. Worst 4 players of one team vs best 4 players of the other...
galileo

Post by galileo »

I confirm all what BadgerMyBadger says about "Adolf" (with the collaboration of "Mando").
But I add some more problem:
When these guys haven't enough players at OverKillHost/BlackHoleHost, they attack other servers hosts, to make people move to OKH/BHH. Attacks consist on trolling on most cases, making battle teams to fail start, and sometime DDoS to freeze game.

The worse problem is their attitude to prevent people escaping from their [FAST] regime.
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

yeah you might be right, who would know?

many people i spoke to won't comment here for fear of giving away their IP address... isn't that a fucking sad and telling reality...
nixtux
TechA Developer

Post by nixtux »

I have personally seen him abuse moderator power repeatedly, call people the n word
the n word seem's mild compared to what some people get away with saying.......
syrious

Post by syrious »

Like always, selfish playstyle, dont care front , and stole easy metal from his mate . WP !
now instead whining created your own host and you will be able to bkick all smart player who join ...
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I should remind you that (for good or bad) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28199 exists - within individual autohosts, the owners/admins are free to do as they like, within what the ToS requires.
When these guys haven't enough players at OverKillHost/BlackHoleHost, they attack other servers hosts, to make people move to OKH/BHH. Attacks consist on ... sometime DDoS to freeze game.
If a host owner can send the Spring admins/moderators logs of this (it has never been reported to us) we will deal with it. As usual, reports should be made via pm. Any autohost owners found to be DDOS'ing or similarly attacking other autohosts will find their hosts banned.
many people i spoke to won't comment here for fear of giving away their IP address...
IP addresses used to post on this forum are not publicly visible, and will not be shared outside of the forum moderation team (people with green/red usernames).
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

Hi silentwings

I totally understand it's not in your remit, you'd never stop dealing with this crap if it was. That wouldn't be sensible.

The aim of this post is to get an unbiased comment from people and try to encourage discussion surrounding this issue. Even if ADOLF left the community tomorrow I'm sure some other thundercunt would take his place, so it's a worthwhile general discussion.

Hopefully if Shockwave does own the host then he will stop Adolf having rights there to kick, ban etc.... but maybe he doesn't care?

We didn't have these issues a few years ago, and people freely moved around multiple hosts. From reading a few forum posts it seems like the lack of choice of hosts and means people can't move about like they used to.... especially when if they try they get DDOS etc. but I have no experience of that. I just do get sudden disconnects etc before games start when mid abusive tirade from Adolf and his cronies.

User was warned for this post - felony 5.

-- FLOZi
Floris

Post by Floris »

Adolf does say ShockWave is the owner and that sausage had a habit of dgunning people if they didnt give him t2, and deliberately idling aswel. This was the final straw... so yeah, I guess as most of the times... one replay just doesnt stand on its own.
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

Floris ask him for replays of that please, I think you'd be stupid to believe anything without proof on this matter

There was ONE case in hundreds of games where i paid like 1000m for T2 and they refused to give or give the metal back...... I am one of the only people that tells him to stop being an asshole when he abuses his priviliges so obviously I become a target of his pack
zweistein

Post by zweistein »

Sausage is BadgerMyBadger....

He combombed me when he decided game was over while i wanted to continue: http://replays.springrts.com/replay/88b ... e8658129d/

Just 2 days ago... ;)
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

If you watch it you see the game was over... our two back positions were raged. It was over due to teammates rage. That's seriously clutching at straws to excuse your buddy Adolf.

This isn't about me anyway, this is about Adolf being totally unsuitable to have admin powers.

It would be good to confirm who owns the server and get their opinion on it here... silentwings can you help just setting that up?
Last edited by BadgerMyBadger on 06 Sep 2017, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Ironic to see such a notorious teamkiller complaining about being banned for teamkilling. I've seen him teamkill on over 20 occasions, often swapping between aliases to avoid bans.

Lets take a famous example, where he simulatenously teamkills last com and all 8 players on his team.
http://replays.springrts.com/replay/753 ... astcomment

He's been doing it since 9.42, which you need to watch this demo
http://springfiles.com/downloadmain/20955

In this example he is using the alias PewDiePie, however you can see from his profile its just another of his teamkilling smurf accounts.
http://replays.springrts.com/player/981013/

gg
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

Ares, you and the ADOLF clan are totally missing the point. THis is about ADOLF not about me. Whatever replays you can dig out I can dig out more for you and Adolf.

I'm not here to discuss general player behaviour anyway. The example I uploaded stands totally, you can't just say HEY YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY RAGED, and think that goes any way to changing the core of this post. That changes nothing...

I do not have admin powers and I do not want them. This is about ADOLF not being a suitable person to have those powers and how many people agree.

^20 times, and using aliases to avoid bans.... sorry what> that's not possible! I can barely get in to spring lobby let alone avoid bans.
Last edited by BadgerMyBadger on 07 Sep 2017, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Ares

Post by Ares »

how many of the 15 people whose game you ruined agree with you?

zer0
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

This is about Adolf. The one example I uploaded I could provide many more times just against me, but the problem is its not just me he ruins games for. Please stop trying to make it about me.

Uploading a game where my teammates quit and rage quit, leaving nothing behind us.... that's clutching at straws. Again, it's not about me, so please focus on ADOLF.
Ares

Post by Ares »

BadgerMyBadger wrote: where he kicked and banned me permanently for doing nothing.
translation:

"nothing" = killing entire server
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

"killing entire server" please define what that means :roll: :lol:

Return to “Ingame Community”