[HelpBot]Boxes

[HelpBot]Boxes

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Senethril

[HelpBot]Boxes

Post by Senethril »

As you know me like a player u must tell you who i am and how i can help in the community, i already experimented mapping and compiling map for play in a french community mainly death due to the hardness for a fresh player to survive and learn a tactic game that need the tempest after the calm...

I made a new tool to share with you all, i am new to the community and wanted to be listed as dev cause i have too my own ideas and projects for the community.
I coded a windows only program to set boxes drawing on minimap of springlobby with two rectangles or any proportionnal minimap always in windows.

Just tell anything to the bot [HelpBot]Boxes in private chat, he is present in channels #[ACE] and #sy.
I am currently developping another bot in python for matchmaking and battle configuration, tell help in pv to BoW.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: [HelpBot]Boxes

Post by bibim »

Can you stop using your bot to spam users in private automatically as soon as they connect to Spring lobby server?

For example, this weird advertisement for an alternate mumble server that is sent automatically to accounts from France:

Code: Select all

[14:52:08] <[HelpBot]Boxes> Salut, Hello!, nous sommes un groupe de multi-plateformes de jeux rassemblés sur un chat vocal,
[14:52:09] <[HelpBot]Boxes> Adresse: mumble.keupins-keupines.com
[14:52:09] <[HelpBot]Boxes> Port: 64738
[14:52:09] <[HelpBot]Boxes> Rejoins nous pour beaucoup plus de
[14:52:09] <[HelpBot]Boxes> trucs, fun, astuces, débordements, joies et déceptions.
[14:52:10] <[HelpBot]Boxes> Logiciel conseillé pour se connecter: https://www.mumble.com/
Senethril

Post by Senethril »

I can assure you its not intented to be see as a spam as you say, its only intended to french langage player, france, canada,switchzerland and belgium and only the first time the user is seen at connect.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Your bot is mass-sending unsolicited advertisements which aren't endorsed by SpringRTS project afaik.
It is not just "seen as spam" as you say, it is spam by definition.
Senethril

Post by Senethril »

Its for avoid to reply to each player i want to send manually , because if they answer they receive another message and its always the same , its not external to springrts, its for enhance springlobby experience by using the tool, i dont force anything, that why the message is not intrusive and force nothing by the way the message is arrived, i do not use something restricted,they are free to refuse or ignore me.

The way it is done is perfectly not prohibited, its not about use a timer to repetitly send to anyone it should be, its a restricted search for new users, the amount of total communications do not exceed the same shared by myself everydays in the lobby, so i can just exactly do the same with another behavior that tend to change and everybody should do the same if that increase real total number of players in the lobby.

I do not complain but i can add another text if you want for the users be able to refuse any type of content from other tools i want release, as their identity is not revealed, i do not see any type of spam that compromise directly their personnal data, its a maneer to talk to everyone one time, its a better world if everybody can do the same :)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

It seems the bot owner isn't able to understand why what he is doing is wrong.
His bot is still spamming accounts as soon as they connect to Spring lobby.
Can actions be taken against this spam bot ?

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”