Spectator mode v1.7 (AKA "actionfinder") - Page 2

Spectator mode v1.7 (AKA "actionfinder")

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Yogzototh

Re: Spectator mode v1.4 (AKA "actionfinder")

Post by Yogzototh »

The track mode bug is still there...
After a few minutes of speccing in attract mode, it starts tracking some con unit, and keeps apmming something like
"tack mode OFF
view blocked, redoing it"
and zooming back to that con unit, all the time. And this bug... kinda ruins everything.

Also, can we get some basic menu for the actionfinder?
It's just hard to memorise all the /luaui commands and button combos when you dont use it every day.
xyz

Re: Spectator mode v1.5 (AKA "actionfinder")

Post by xyz »

Hi, Yogzototh
thanks for trying out this script
I've updated the first post with version 1.5.

Changelog:
- the tracking bug should be fixed.
Yogzototh wrote:Also, can we get some basic menu for the actionfinder?
It's just hard to memorise all the /luaui commands and button combos when you dont use it every day.
You can use the shortcut keys instead of the /luaui (CTRL+ALT+S to turn the script on and off, CTRL+ALT+C for attract mode).

As for the GUI, if a mod creator wants to include this script into it he can also put an entry in the menu for it. A stand-alone GUI for a script with 2 options is a bit pointless.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

i suggest a button for this widget (like lock-camera)
xyz

Post by xyz »

manolo_ wrote:i suggest a button for this widget (like lock-camera)
Hi manolo_,
can you extend on this?
If you want a button that pauses the camera jumping every 5s the script will pause itself for 10s every time there is a user activity (key press, mouse move)
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

sorry for the (too) short message:

do u know the lock camera-widget (shows specs/other players what u see atmo) and there is a dragable button for it. so i want also a dragable button, that i can place somewhere, when i click on it, it will enable/activate the actionfinder (maybe also with a lil menu, for specific stuff [dunno what :lol: ])
xyz

Post by xyz »

Long time no see! so lets see a new version. (Download in first post)

It is not a big change i have just made the camera travel smoothly between close events, and instant jump between far apart events.

For this transition effect to work make sure "smoothCamere" and "smoothScrolling" widgets are disabled as they overwrite any camera transitioning effects.

Also I have found a bug in the spring lobby widgets installer. It is putting the widgets in all lower case folders, but Linux is case sensitive and looking for the widgets in cammelCase folder names.
Example:
what SL does: ..../spring/luaui/widgets/cmd_actionfinder.lua
How it shoul look like: ..../spring/LuaUI/Widgets/cmd_actionfinder.lua

Thank you
Beherith

Re: Spectator mode v1.6 (AKA "actionfinder")

Post by Beherith »

I actually use this widget to 'simulate' people changing their view in game, to benchmark replays.

Thanks!
xyz

Re: Spectator mode v1.6 (AKA "actionfinder")

Post by xyz »

Hello there.
Since there is a server out there that has no restrictions on the number of spectators, I got a chance of putting in some more work on this widget.

Change-log:
1. Moved all the external functions into local variables (performance)
2. In follow mode elevate the camera just a bit so one can see what is in front of the unit.
3. In attract mode remove the map markers, so that no random depiction of a gentleman's sausage will show up.
4. Select the team owning the unit that is being centered. This will update the metal/energy graphs to match the unit's team, and also the LOD view will be updated. There seems to be a bug here as not always the ID of the unit seems to return a valid team number.

Download on first page.

Enjoy.
Senethril

Re: Spectator mode v1.7 (AKA "actionfinder")

Post by Senethril »

Hello just an update to present a video made with that script to use specially all available data in a game as spectator in a way i can't play with this, anyway that remains too much time to remember and see whats news and take decision in same time avoiding superflux events that doesn't are really a priority a real challenge...

Hope you like that video, i want update new video because that real attractmode works for me in a way units in combat viewed in fps mode attract all their events near tohether without any other far events that break the camera transition between unit only if they are fighting in a same area or the other way is select them and use another key like t that already used to track units, track keep screen moved in same time of tracked unit but in fps mode and several units selected in same time that selection even disabled finish to remains a amount of time and keep always same type of cycle camera movement if the same key is pressed....ENJOY

please report me any trouble listen the video cause for some raeson youtube can refuse provide video for infringment no more explained...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUwjnCiCAo
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Video not available in germany due to use of copyrighted music.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

It is available in Finland. Is it really the case that you cannot say xyz in Germany?
Jonny5isalivetm

Post by Jonny5isalivetm »

Hi,

This is really cool but seems a tad slow, howto speed it up ?

Possible to focus commanders when they under attack ?

Return to “Lua Scripts”