Total Annihilation Zero ND Tournament #1

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

TaShadan

Post by TaShadan »

Welcome RTS Fans to the first Total Annihilation Zero ND Tournament.

Zero is a fast paced mod for TA with totally new graphics and controls. Plus a third faction called GoK.
For further information you can check out the following pages:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/4 ... ation-zero
http://zero.tauniverse.com/ (outdated)

For gameplay videos check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIGJ_J ... U5RHn2h10w

You can download the current Zero ND Standalone here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8727ymz5f6se ... t.zip?dl=0

You are interested in checking out this awesome RTS gem and play a tournament?

http://challonge.com/TA_Zero_ND_1

Prize pool so far:
1. place: 50 €
2. place: 1 steam key

Steam and Origin keys you can choose from:
Origin:

Dead Space
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
Medal of Honor Origin Key
Mirror's Edge Origin Key
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key
Populous Origin Key

Steam:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Steam Key
Euro Truck Simulator 2
KickBeat Steam Edition
GRID™
GRID 2
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
KickBeat Steam Edition
Insurgency
Always Sometimes Monsters
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
The Last Federation
The Last Federation: Betrayed Hope
Big Pharma
Reassembly
Shattered Planet
Lux Deluxe
Deponia
Chaos on Deponia
Planetary Annihilation
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
Skullgirls + All DLC
Coin Crypt
Endless Space Emperor Edition
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Orbital Gear
Gauntlet
Natural Selection 2

This list is not final and i will add more keys until friday.

If someone wants to donate something, feel free to contact me!

Tournament Information:

Mode: 1on1; Bo3

Preset Startmap + Loser choice

Mappool:

4P Total Temple

4P Hierarchy

4P Rivalry

4P River of Flames

Settings Lobby:

Metal: 1000
Energy: 1000
commander death: ends game
LOS: True
Map: Mapped
Gamespeed: 0

Additional Rules:

- all players have to record the games and the winner has to upload the replays on challonge

- all players need the ND "NoDraw" addon for Total Annihilation Zero (it prevents draw situations)

- In case of a disconnect the game has to be replayed, except the players can agree on a clear winner. If a player disconnects more than one time in the BO3 and the opponent disagrees to play a rematch, he lost the match.

- If both Commanders explode, the player whose death message is displayed first loses the game. If one player disagrees with the result, I decide whether there will be a rematch.

- in any case of disagreement or other problems contact me (TaShadan; Gameranger ID:636237)

- all games have to be played on Gameranger and all players Gameranger IDs have to be provided to me

- only maps in the mappool are allowed

- any hacking or cheating results in a disqualification

- +lostype command is forbidden

Important information:

Keep in mind that this game is still in late alpha stage which means there might be bugs.
One example is the false message "Player has cheats enabled: invisible"
Last edited by TaShadan on 15 Mar 2016, 18:26, edited 3 times in total.
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Total Annihilation Zero ND Tournament #1

Post by Jools »

TaShadan wrote:Additional Rules:

(Standard things)
It's nice to see there are tournaments and it's also interesting to see what rules are the most common. I'm especially happy to see the commander ends rule being applied.

But I wonder if there are some additional rules wrt com rushing/bombing? How do you handle for example 2v2 games where one player starts with an atlas (air transport) and combombs the opponent/ d-guns his base. Is that allowed?

What about the river rule? That you're not allowed to cross the river (if there is one) with your commander before a certain amount of time. Is that rule heard of?
TaShadan

Post by TaShadan »

Thats why we play the ND addon. The ND addon prevents draws because com bombs are impossible. The explosions does not do damage to other coms.
Sure that might lead to rushing but the coms were significantly nerfed and the maps i put into the mappool are big enough to avoid that.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I trawled the entire website, and despite it being mentioned in all the promotional media, including this thread, I couldn't answer the following question:

"Who the fuck are the Gok"

Now I do remember mentions of Guardians of Kadesh, but googling for the faction yields Homeworld stuff. I see no explanation of what the new premise is, or why it's called zero, or the new paradigm. I see no signs of a campaign to answer those questions either, it just looks like a:

"Hey OTA people who left ages ago, we're going to assume you remember everything in great detail, well look what we did! Come back and do nostalgia things and have new stuff at the same time!"

I may be harsh, and I have the greatest of respect that so much was done with the engine I didn't think possible, I'd like to try it out myself, but I get the impression you've been given more good will and mollycuddling than is healthy in barging into other communities and advertising, so I'm going to give you whatever criticisms are justified rather than treating the project as a small time hobby. Afterall, you're advertising and trying to grow right?
TaShadan

Post by TaShadan »

I honestly have no clue what's your problem... and no i am not the creator of this mod. If you want answers to your questions go to the TAU forum and ask the creator Vohvelielian.
BTW you are talking about the greatest respect? You do not sound like you have any respect at all.
Orfelius

Post by Orfelius »

TaShadan wrote:I honestly have no clue what's your problem...
I think that mister AF has made himself quite clear: He just wants to know what the fuck is GoK and as a seasoned TA:Z player you should be able to answer that question.

As to you AF you might have not noticed but viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31075 was quite a popular thread already so its not like TaShadan is firing completely blind here.
Last edited by Orfelius on 20 Feb 2016, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
8611z

Post by 8611z »

I also would like to learn more about the Kardashians.
(Actually story is the least important part in an multiplayer rts game to me. Knowing that GoK is another race of space robots with lasers and bombs and stuff is good enough.)
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

To me the story is always the most important part. Then if Val Kilmer or Tom Cruise plays the hero has less significance, it's the same shit anyway.
TaShadan

Post by TaShadan »

Yes i am playing this for a while but the story about GoK was never revealed. There is one as far as i know but the creator did not release it.
I only play multiplayer so i never cared. But i can ask Vohvelielian if it is that important to you guys.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

It is my respect held for developers who figured out shields and super minimaps hacking a closed source binary from 1997 that compels me to take the time and effort to provide criticism. I had hoped you would be able to take it constructively without offence. We have a long held tradition here of open discussion of all kinds with regards to recent advances

It's sad that there is no story, or general premise or design intent behind what changes have been made. I noticed the arm commander looks different in a video, but it would have been nice to have something without requiring me to build every unit in the game. If you require assistance or proposals for a story I'm available, as I'm sure are others here. My understanding is that TA-Zero chronologically predates the original game, or maybe I was mistaken?
TaShadan

Post by TaShadan »

Sorry for my harsh reaction... i had a very bad week and (no offense) but the last replies on TA Zero on this forum were not too friendly.
As i said i am not the creator of this mod but i will forward your suggestions/comments to the developer.
If you plan on speaking directly to the developer here is the forum:
http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=161
TaShadan

Post by TaShadan »

Update on rules and prize pool.
TaShadan

Post by TaShadan »

Updated key list. The registration will be closed on friday and the grid shuffled + the start maps will be announced.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”