custom commands that don't erase the order queue when given without shift?

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Some commands, such as CMD.ATTACK, if given without the shift modifier, will overwrite the units current order queue. Others, such as CMD.ONOFF, won't. Is there a way for a custom command to decide which of these behaviours it wants? If not, feature request please - the default is the first case and I haven't found a clean way to get second.

(The reason: since custom commands are implemented in lua anyway, one can hackily workaround the issue by returning false in gadget:AllowCommand for the custom command; the order queue is then preserved but it has the unwanted side effect that then in some cases LuaUI & elsewhere sees it as though the command was never given. For example, see BAs CMD.PASSIVE with a factory and note that widget:UnitCommand is not called because gadget:AllowCommand returned false.)
Kloot
Spring Developer

Re: custom commands that don't erase the order queue when given without shift?

Post by Kloot »

Is there a way
Nope, the set of non-queueing commands (which are those that toggle state) is hardcoded.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Ah well, thanks, low priority feature request :)
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Just return false in gadget:AllowCommand. This is always how I have implemented state toggles and I never noticed a problem. I have not used widget:UnitCommand for toggles but if you need it to trigger then send the UnitCommand to LuaUI directly. For example: https://github.com/ZeroK-RTS/Zero-K/blo ... events.lua
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I appreciate that's possible but I'm not going to start artificially forwarding the native callins to LuaUI, allowing it looks like a first step down the slippery slope of hackiness. Prefer to just wait.

Return to “Lua Scripts”