"Rebuild" EvoRTS - Page 2

"Rebuild" EvoRTS

A place for offers of Bounties and discussion of funded proposals.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: "Rebuild" EvoRTS

Post by Forboding Angel »

If you want balance changes, you should post in the evo forums so that I am others who still play can have a look at them. If your ideas are good and well thought out and benefit the game, they'll be implemented. If they aren't, the why will be explained to you. Qaen and I tend to have pretty detailed balance discussions. Having another person voicing an opinion is always welcome.

The rest of what you posted doesn't really apply that much. $500 for the 3 items in the board is pretty reasonable. The longest of the 3 projects is of course the gui, but as I said, I'm reasonable. If someone comes back with a different number and a valid explanation of why, we can discuss it. I've said from the beginning that I'm open for negotiation and am reasonable.

But first, I need someone to give me a hand. I could do some really neat stuff in Evo if I had someone willing to help (even paid, doesn't matter). The end goal is to have a good and fun product for the end user. Sure the game as it is is completely functional, but onwards and upwards!

I really really really really want to be free of a lot of the ZK gui widgets stuff (and the stuff tied into mexes).
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Forboding Angel wrote:... The rest of what you posted doesn't really apply that much. $500 for the 3 items in the board ...
Mind you, I wasn't saying the payment was too low. I don't know the extent of what's being asked but I do know that 500 (US?) dollars is a very reasonable amount of money (it could easily be {~400€} overpay for 2~4 days worth of consultancy in Portugal, depending).

I just thought it was an interesting take on paying for things in a world where everything is usually happily volunteered. On hindsight, I should have posted somewhere more generic - I just ended up posting in this thread because I was drawn by some comments that hinted at the payment being too low. I shouldn't have been influenced by those comments because they're also coupled with complaints about you wanting to not do whatever you're planning to pay for (..? Isn't that the whole point of paying for something!?).
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

There is a lot of butthurt and indignation here about the idea of paying for something to be done that isn't part of the engine.

I see it as me being incapable of doing it on my own, so I hire help. That's how any reasonably business minded person does things. People here take it as an affront for some reason, regardless of the fact that anything they write would be GPL and therefore available for free to every other spring game.

It's extremely hypocritical, but I can't say I'm terribly surprised.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

There aren't a lot of things on that kanban, and there are things missing, e.g. #2 is marked as new but it doesn't show in the new column, which is confusing. Is the bulk of the items missing or hidden?

A quick look back suggests that most of the tasks are hidden from view because of nesting, it's difficult to get a high level view of what needs to be done, and impossible to see everything at once and grasp exactly how much and what needs doing
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

code_man

Post by code_man »

Hmm they dont seem all to hard to do from that list.
I guess i could try it, but i need to know where i can get the current dev build.

From my understanding it seems that you have little idea of what files are unneded and want everything in those listed issues new?
Because if you can tell me what files you need edited/replace it would help me, or any other extra information you might have, the issues seem a bit underspecified.
Also do you use chilly or any other gui framework?

Even tough i should do other stuff, i could use a bit of money.
Since evo is a nice game too it would be good to have it back, seems like we both have each other interests covered.
I can make stuff in a clear and extendable manner, so future maintainence should not be problem.
Tough i have little understanding of certain ui elements so i might not be capable of doing everything.
I cant work under time constraints however.

If this is satisfying to you i could try to whip up some stuff and see how it goes.
Since you dont seem like the kind of guy who would screw over a poor neet for some codes, if its good il give it you and you pay me what you think seems reasonable for the both of us.

I dont log in often to the forums so its better if you try to contact me in #moddev if you need something talked about.

Return to “Bounty Offers”