Dust,Snow, Water and Fire Devils - Page 2

Dust,Snow, Water and Fire Devils

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: Dust,Snow, Water and Fire Devils

Post by smoth »

The reason I am on version 13 was because of the accommodations for *A. The features were what everyone asked for "we want an urban map like in TA" so I made the features packed with metal and spare metal spots just like eastside-westside which was the primary testing ground for gundam annihiliation.

Care to do a bit of drawing on the mini map for future work? I can always make a newer version.
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

I would suggest experimenting with replacing building features with neutral (=not auto attacked) Gaia units with low health.

Nothing like angry robots running through a city destroying it casually along the way.
Orfelius

Post by Orfelius »

Gunmetal Harbor looks great and is thematic, but it doesn't play well with your standard TA like game running on Spring. Thus its not being played. Kinda same with magic forest made by Behe. That map is just too small to do anything with it but it looks just gorgeous.
nice graphics in good maps are even rarer
That is so true :| apparently my recent map Isle of Grief is a huge hit for 1v1 players in ZK however it looks like a pile of poop.

The problem is that new maps are just not being played, why? Because people prefer the old ones.
ZK is probably the biggest user of newly created maps. Other mods (besides Evo but it only uses new Forb's maps) prefer to stick with classics like DSD, Titan Duel, Titan etc. In the end if a content creator makes a map not designed for his own game the chances are that it probably will only be played in ZK and even that is not guaranteed.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Probably should split the dicussion off.

Yet no suggestions. Dad has tons of issues but it is played because it is now convention. Speed metal was a porcy metal map so it was popular.

I think that I am going to start a thread about this
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Return to “Map Creation”