Linux springlobby, download paths?

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Hi all,

I've been using springlobby compiled from source (https://github.com/springlobby/springlobby.git) & installed in Ubuntu as root to its defaults (/usr/local/bin/springlobby). Currently version 0.201-8-g084a72c.

I've been downloading content from the lobby directly (ex: the 2 most recent versions of BA) however I don't know where the stuff is getting downloaded to. I've looked everyone and, for the life of me, I just can't figure out where the stuff is getting downloaded to.

The BA content packs are not in: ./spring/games/ . I've also looked extensively in /usr, /etc, /config (dumb location, yes!) but can't find BA and others anywhere. It has got to be downloading somewhere unexpected or something else weird (I've been assuming the files aren't "hidden").

I tried inspecting the source code but I just couldn't figure it out.
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Linux springlobby, download paths?

Post by Jools »

Many people have asked that question before: I think it goes into 'spring'/pool into lots of small pieces of files that can not be read individually.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

GAH :shock: !!! But I want to .. :?!?

:( That's the kind of .. that happens when I let the tools behave on their own instead of just going to download & "install" stuff manually myself...

Thanks for the answer, though.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

https://springrts.com/wiki/Rapid

PauloMorfeo wrote:GAH :shock: !!! But I want to .. :?!?
what do you want?
gajop

Post by gajop »

He wants to see the files directly .
Python's rapid extract-sdd make-sdd would help, or whatever RapidTools has now
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I saw praise of Evo's sounds - I wanted to go check them out.

I'm not being able to watch replays of Zero-K so I wanted to check what Zero-K stuff has been downloaded, and what exact map versions I have (the map specified in the replay might mismatch in version from the one I have in HDD), I wanted to debug on my own before asking for help on why I'm not being able to watch Zero-K replays.

I wanted to make sure which Content Packs I have downloaded (I seem to remember having downloaded a content pack that I'm not seeing).

I'll probably want to delete some old content packs (ex: BA 8.03 & BA 9.12).

Etc, etc.

The content management system of Spring was great - very simple and open. You'd either have the files directly in the folders or the exact same thing just compacted in a zip archive...
gajop

Post by gajop »

PauloMorfeo wrote:I wanted to go check them out.
You can still do manual downloads and you can obtain the games from version control systems.
PauloMorfeo wrote:I wanted to go check them out.
The content management system of Spring was great - very simple and open.[/quote]
Nothing was removed. Rapid is just much better for most users as it does much smaller updates and makes distribution really simple.
You could try using "MakeZip" from https://springrts.com/wiki/RapidTools to obtain the source files. I'm not sure if it's usable outside of the server (that side of Rapid is lacking and used to be better with Python rapid: https://github.com/tvo/rapid (make-sdd <tag|package> <dir>: Extract pool files of a package into ~/.spring/mods/<dir>.)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

gajop wrote:You can still do manual downloads and you can obtain the games from version control systems.
or better directly look into the git repository. most games which are on rapid have a git repository at github.

edit: removed link, see flozi's post.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

oh, i searched this link but couldn't find it. now i've created links between rapid/rapidtags, so next time it should be findable :-)

Return to “SpringLobby Client”