springlobby bugs

springlobby bugs

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

muckl

springlobby bugs

Post by muckl »

1. when i install spring in C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Spring
then springlobby does not download stuff (maps,mods,games) and everytime brings download popup again and again and again..
-> after deinstall spring completely and install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Spring it was working

2. springlobby fails somehow to get the path of springengine automatically
the setting page where u can click on "automatic retrieve engine path" stuff is simply not working and frustrating - its not intuitive
somehow after clicking around and reinstall spring i found, that you actually have to ADD in the left side a engine and then manually add spring.exe and unitsync stuff to get that shit working

3. installing spring without zero-k will install spring with zero-k but not springlobby - installing spring without springlobby but zero-k result in same - installing spring with both zero-k and springlobby installs zero-k and finally springlobby

4. the lobby hangs on downloads (finished) and blocks over many seconds all the UI

5. the lobby is massive sluggish with redraw gui stuff -> tasclient is WAY MORE fluid and nice in that

6. every map change, springlobby is getting bigger in ram usage -> there is a HUGE memoryleak and when springlobby reaches maximum amount of usable ram (~ 1,8GB for win32) it crashes!

im getting more and more pissed about this lobby and i have to use it cause weblobby and tasclient isnt working anymore/at all/dead/whatever
muckl

Re: springlobby bugs

Post by muckl »

started springlobby update today
got error: it cannot cleanup appdata/roaming/springlobby/update
(i even didnt know that this dir exists)

after some try and error, i was removing readonly flag from the roaming/springlobby dir and update was running finally

after update i joined a host with DSD

dsd not found.. download? -> klicked yes -> nothing happens

im in battleroom without map -> klicking on the download button -> nothing happens

after some seconds -> ---------------------------
Fehler
---------------------------
Item (DeltaSiegeDry) requested for download could not be found. Sorry.
OK

battleroom switched to desertsiege_v2b (not found)

klicking on download -> nothing happens

after some seconds ->
Fehler
Item (DesertSiege_v2b) requested for download could not be found. Sorry.
OK
Usaga

Post by Usaga »

Guys that are working on SpringLobby are glad (probably) to help you but only on specific bugtracker :arrow: https://github.com/springlobby/springlobby/issues

Just create an Issue and write about what you done and what was happened.
Usaga

Post by Usaga »

But from my point of view you can try to find out all directories that SL is using (AppData, Program Files\SpringLobby and so on) and try to change their permissions to let SL to write to them...
muckl

Post by muckl »

https://springrts.com/wiki/Bugs

im not a developer so i inform you guys about a problem as a player

feel free to add it in the way you want in some system if you like.
gajop

Post by gajop »

muckl wrote:https://springrts.com/wiki/Bugs

im not a developer so i inform you guys about a problem as a player

feel free to add it in the way you want in some system if you like.
That page is for Spring, this is Spring Lobby. Despite the naming similarity, those are two separate projects.
It's likely to be ignored/forgotten if left here, but thanks for the effort so far :P
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

As requested by the SL devs, please use https://github.com/springlobby/springlobby/issues to report SL bugs, regardless of who you are.

Locked.

Return to “Help & Bugs”