Killing off the Development page

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I intend to kill off the development page. I may be the one who got it put up there but with the addition of Wiki, and the lack of maintenance, it's redundant and doesn't work how it should.

Instead I'm intending to rename the wiki menu item to "Development Wiki", and remove the Development menu item, so that we can instead focus on improvements to the main wiki page.

I'm also thinking of removing 'Help' for the same reasons and renaming wiki to "Documentation", thoughts?

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 15.12.19.png
(58.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 15.10.15.png
(191.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Killing off the Development page

Post by Nemo »

:thumbsup:

A single entry point for all docs sounds great. Personally I'd declare the wiki "technical documentation for content and engine developers" and start purging stuff like 'how to play' or 'strategy and tactics', but I guess that might be a bit aggressive.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Strategy and tactics already has no connection to the development part of the wiki. But the wiki also has general stuff to help new players, and its worth keeping generic rts help there, I think, but non-generic strategy and tactics should be inside games own wiki page/section.

I guess FLOZi knows most about the wiki entry points.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I'm all for restructure of the current navigation links and pages in the name of simplicity. I also think "Report a bug" should be moved.

What do you guys think about dropdowns? We could keep the important pages easily accessible without flooding the primary navigation.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I would arguably just keep the 'Wiki' link. Call a spade a spade.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Great, once my current PR on GitHub is merged I'll make the change

Return to “General Discussion”