SpringLobby 0.274 released! - Page 9

SpringLobby 0.274 released!

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

albator

Re: SpringLobby 0.219 released!

Post by albator »

update: apparently, I have serious issue with 2.01 now:

When I join a battle, the battle room stay witout anyhing (nothing as when you log into lobby 1st time) , while i can still see my name in the list of the player. I don't know if that information help.

I would be interesing to know if Linux user have same issue to know if that comes from my system specificaly or from somthing else.

I cannot play for now with SL :(
smoth

Post by smoth »

Still getting the ocassional tab/sub window shuffling. Earlier I had to hold esc for like 2 minutes before the warning box stopped showing.
albator

Post by albator »

I don't have the pop up issue anymore, looks like it was a server side pb... anyone confirm the issue to be gone ?
smoth

Post by smoth »

So far, none
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

MelKor wrote: What about to write a script to make a QA over the very basic stuffs related to the lobby after some update (downdate) ?
very basic stuff is tested before an update, but its not the same when >100 users are online :-|

help is very welcome!
MelKor

Post by MelKor »

abma wrote:
MelKor wrote: What about to write a script to make a QA over the very basic stuffs related to the lobby after some update (downdate) ?
very basic stuff is tested before an update, but its not the same when >100 users are online :-|

help is very welcome!
OK, I'm C++ dev, but I have had working more in microcontroller and IMU related stuffs, let me know what can I do, I work at home and I can save some hours for this.

MK
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

Doesn't seem to download games as is. There's a bunch of different URLs displayed in "Downloads" tab and supposedly the game downloads in an instant, but actually doesn't. Think it's trying to download some web pages instead of the actual game.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

tzaeru wrote:Doesn't seem to download games as is. There's a bunch of different URLs displayed in "Downloads" tab and supposedly the game downloads in an instant, but actually doesn't. Think it's trying to download some web pages instead of the actual game.

what game are you trying to download?
albator

Post by albator »

tzaeru wrote:Doesn't seem to download games as is. There's a bunch of different URLs displayed in "Downloads" tab and supposedly the game downloads in an instant, but actually doesn't. Think it's trying to download some web pages instead of the actual game.

I confirm that

Last Ba 8.17

17 files tries to be downloaded, it fails and never ends on starting again
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

abma wrote:what game are you trying to download?
I've tried a bunch of different ones. XTA 9.745, BA v 8.17, NOTA 1.80.. None downloaded.
Last edited by tzaeru on 17 May 2015, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

albator wrote:

I confirm that

Last Ba 8.17

17 files tries to be downloaded, it fails and never ends on starting again
I also used to have this issue. I couldn't download any content including engine, maps or games and had to download them manually and place them in the right locations... manually...

The issue randomly disappeared for me though at some point and it's currently still fine for me.
albator

Post by albator »

I know have another error (it was shipped with the other error I mentionned yesterday as well)

SL 2.19

never ending pop-up error:

Code: Select all

logic error /home/user/springlobby-2.19/src/gui/mainchattab.cpp:95):m_server_chat = 0 
albator

Post by albator »

log related to mod dl bug:

Code: Select all

[Download] Balanced Annihilation V8.17
[Info] Using rapid
[Info] http://packages.springrts.com/streamer.cgi?29a49adb081f571a9af8c891bf4a0f06
[Error] /home/user/Softwares/springlobby-0.219/src/downloader/lib/src/Downloader/Rapid/Sdp.cpp:290:downloadStream(): Curl cleanup error: HTTP response code said error
[Info] Found 17 repos in /home/user/.spring/rapid/repos.springrts.com/repos.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/packages.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/s44.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/swiw.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/evo.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/zk.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/techa.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/jauria.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/chiliui.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/lups.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/modelshaders.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/jw.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/tard.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/i18n.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/jrtsc.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/feature-placer.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/spring-features.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Info] opened /home/user/.spring/rapid/mcl.repo.springrts.com/versions.gz
[Progress]   0% [                              ] 0/0 
[Info] Using rapid
[Info] http://packages.springrts.com/streamer.cgi?29a49adb081f571a9af8c891bf4a0f06
[Error] /home/user/Softwares/springlobby-0.219/src/downloader/lib/src/Downloader/Rapid/Sdp.cpp:290:downloadStream(): Curl cleanup error: HTTP response code said error
[Info] Using rapid
[Info] Using rapid
[Info] Using rapid
[Info] Using rapid
[Error] /home/user/Softwares/springlobby-0.219/src/downloader/lib/src/Downloader/Rapid/Sdp.cpp:290:downloadStream(): Curl cleanup error: HTTP response code said err
albator

Post by albator »

Where am I supposed to place the mod with SL 2.19 ? I cannot downlaod and don't know where the mods directory is supposed to be (Linux mint 17.1 - ubuntu based)
albator

Post by albator »

~/.config/spring/games

you need to create games.

I realise the strugle for new player :s

Maybe worth it to create that directory by default for poeple ot have a clue
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

Downloading games works on a fresh install on my secondary computer. Perhaps some old configuration file causes it?..

If someone can verify that a fresh reinstall works for them too, I guess we've a workaround. :-)

EDIT, add: On a fresh install, the default widget sizes are off a bit. "Status" in game lobby takes a huge amount of space, leaving player names invisible. The window and most of the widgets are very small and would be even for moderately modest screen resolutions. You have to resize parts and bits before using the software. I could try and look into it myself, but I've terribly little time for anything nowadays. :-/
abma
Spring Developer

Re: SpringLobby 0.220 released!

Post by abma »

0.220 released.

i know, there are still some flaws in battle list, but this version removes some error message boxes / crashes which were just more annoying... hopefully no new bad bug was introduced.

the download problems were solved server side / some of the crashes where caused by invalid data send from server, too which hopefully are now fixed server & client side.

thanks for the feedback and the help of contributors!

edit: released 0.222 to fix a crash when going to edit->preferences and a crash in tools -> download archives.
tzaeru

Re: SpringLobby 0.223 released!

Post by tzaeru »

Mmh, I think 0.223 broke the minimap view in battle rooms. It shows starting positions as if starting position was always fixed, even if boxes are actually in use on the autohost.
prandipadaro

Re: SpringLobby 0.224 released!

Post by prandipadaro »

just installed springlobby 0.224
but i cant see the map and the games
usually i put the maps and games folder in springlobby directory
there are bugs or i make something of wrong?
abma
Spring Developer

Re: SpringLobby 0.224 released!

Post by abma »

prandipadaro wrote:usually i put the maps and games folder in springlobby directory
there are bugs or i make something of wrong?
very likely springlobby doesn't find unitsync.dll any more. check help->system info / edit ->preferences -> spring.

Return to “SpringLobby Client”