@TASClient maintainer

@TASClient maintainer

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

abma
Spring Developer

@TASClient maintainer

Post by abma »

due to server migration and removal of svn repositories on springrts.com there is currently no up to date source code of TASClient.

As i got no repsonse to the request of using the repository i've setup for TASClient development and distributing GPL'ed binaries without up-to date source code is a GPL-License violation i request the maintainer of TASClient to use https://github.com/spring-archive/TASClient (or an other public source code hosting service).

please pm me if you have questions / need help for getting permissions to the repository. basicly i just need the github user name to give permissions to the repository.

Please do this within two weeks or i've to remove tasclient binaries from springrts.com/springfiles.com.

I hope its understandable that a deadline is needed when requests are ignored.

(side note: this way others could contribute to TASClient / or maybe maintain it)
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: @TASClient maintainer

Post by Jools »

I think this is a good initiative, but two weeks is probably too short time. With Easter coming up and all, people may not be available like that, less log in to spring forum.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

doing this (creating an account at github, pm me, install tortoise git & git push current changes) should take less than an hour, so two weeks are imo ok.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Yes, assuming the relevant people will read this thread. But that's a big if.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

ok, removed it :-|
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Absens haeres non erit.

Could make a note on the wiki to say that TasC development can now be continued in the github repo.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”