Parsing of replay data / detecting game state in spads

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I don't really know where to write, in spads or in replay site, as this is a combination of the two.

I'm looking for way to mark certain games with a tag, for example if the game desyncs it would be tagged as desynced (and some stuff could be done automatically like copying infolog etc). Or if the game has a luacallin error, or similar stuff.

Would the best bet to use the endgamecommand to launch a shell process that parses replay file for these things? But endgamecommand is already in use for uploading replays, so one has to make a plugin to use the same event instead? This one: onGameEnd(\%endGameData)

I know the replay site does something to this end...
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: Parsing of replay data / detecting game state in spads

Post by bibim »

If you want to use the endGameCommand feature to run several processes (replay upload script + your specific script), I think you can just configure it to run a shell script which would in turn run these several processes (passing arguments).

But in the desync detection case, I don't think you need to parse the replays. Normally SPADS detects the desyncs (based on the spring-dedicated exit code) so you could directly use this information from a plugin. However currently I don't think this information is easily available from plugins, maybe I should add a callback.

If you want to check if your SPADS instance correctly detects unsynced games, you can look for "Spring server detected sync errors during game" warnings in your main SPADS log file.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Ah, that's smart. As I was going to parse the console text in the game anyway to detect those.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Currently desyncs are not detected on the replay site. Should be no problem to find the console text in the demofile and then tag the replay. I'll add it as a feature request myself :)

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”