Movie recommendation - Page 44

Movie recommendation

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

TheMightyOne

Re: Movie recommendation

Post by TheMightyOne »

Anarchid wrote: I'm thinking of watching Tarkovsky's Ivan's childhood because it's supposedly grimdark.
I encourage you to. Its a great movie. The company that owns the right to the film actually uploaded it to youtube. So you can watch it with English subtitles. Though I have to admit that the quality of the video and of the subtitles is quite bad.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Propably allready seen by everyone here, but i found Stalker a very good movie
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

He plays the role of his live, a comedian acting out. Why?
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Recently I watched "The Theory of Everything" and didn't really like it that much, it felt like half the movie is biographic butt kissing that would be more suitable postmortem, and the relationship angle glossed over a lot of things.

"What We Do in the Shadows" was hilarious tho, a faux documentary about vampires sharing a flat in New Zealand, produced by the guys who did flight of the conchords.

Also, for whatever weird reason, "Big Hero 6" got no promotion in my country, I stumbled into it by accident and was very pleasantly surprised, it's a nice action animation, with techno-magic (that might be a downer for the more nitpicky of you) but a solid plotline about personal loss and the best drunk robot ever.

(also, I'm pretty sure the lead got corrupted by the warp in the end, so win-win)

"John Wick" was like a BBB version of the Matrix, with 1/10 the budget and the ideas, but at least now Neonu Reeves actually gets to play a proper psychopath, finally matching the role to his facial reach. I had fun watching it tho, because the action is mindless enough and the plot doesn't get in its way too much.
BlitzTank

Post by BlitzTank »

BaNa wrote:Recently I watched "The Theory of Everything" and didn't really like it that much, it felt like Half the movie is biographic butt kissing that would be more suitable postmortem
Those types of movies are always like that, anyway not much difference between dead or crippled when it comes to the amount of courtesy/pandering that it is socially acceptable to dish out

I recently saw John Wick myself, it's basically just an action flick done right. It's 100 minutes of Keanu Reeves spewing bad-assery all over the place without any drama or nonsense, what more could you really ask for when going to see a movie like that? I heard that the directors of the movie were former stunt men that doubled for Keanu who were able to get into directing thanks to the fact that Keanu gave them a big portion of his pay check for the work they did.

I recently re-watched one of my favorite movies 'The Town' and reminded myself of what a great movie it is, one of my biggest peeves when watching TV is unrealistic behavior or lack of authenticity but The Town really hits the nail on the head imo, would definitely recommend.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I watched CitizenFour and it was good. Maybe you have to understand a little about the technology to appreciate that it is really a dramatic movie. But those who expect bond-like spy drama like car chases will be disappointed.

But it is history as it happens and if you understand the importance of it you will like this movie.
MetalSucker

Post by MetalSucker »

Recently, "Birdman" did it for me but.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”